Para182

Days of War ?

106 posts in this topic

Not everyone wants to move around like quake, have to play against people who use scripts to quick fire or tweak every inch of performance, and want a more tactical approach and utilization of teamwork.  Even though wehn comparing kickstarter videos, I would had thought BAT44 would be the game that leans more towards realism with how it showed Germans running with their rifles, assaulting defensive pillboxes and slower assault up a main street utilizing cover....and DOW looked like a 100% fast play run and gun type ; it is DOW who is throwing bones to the casual players a bit more and even intends to add a complete realism mode for servers wishing to run it that contain a lot of what people like us want.  

I have never understood the comp communities obsession with being totally against allowing casual or role play players a chance to do their own thing.  They always say "mod it in".  My vote is with the game that says you wont have to, we will do that for you.  Again this goes back to how much love we can expect over here if you are a representation of who the game is to be catered to.  Just look at how you picked out Omaha.  Omaha man!?  Serious?  They literally made a video on it too look just like SPR to get us role players excited.  How then or even why would you make it so unrealistic to be "balanced for competitive purposes".  

By knocking on Omaha and Foy, you are attacking fans of casual and immersion.  Who those maps where made for.  If the overwhelming "sane" negative reviews at DOW are about the games speed and difficulty, it is clear a large portion of players would agree that even in the most self proclaimed ultra comp games out there, it is okay and even needed to throw some things in for the casual and realism players.  It is well known anyway that the community always ends up making the best competitive maps.  

For me, I am all for a game simply catering to both.  Make a separate game mode that has all the little tweaks that the other half wants and let the players choose.  For $25, DOW is a solid game and will be a very popular title once released with.  Which by that time you can expect 50+ very playable and enjoyable maps (granted a lot of DODS ports), all kinds of game modes, gameplay/sound/immersion/movement/optimization to where most current players are happy with and expect...  I do not see any scenario this game fails unless the entire Dev team just dropped dead today.  The only thing many of these unfair reviews will accomplish is causing hundreds of people on release day to hold off on buying it and will only get it much later down the road once the player base has thinned out again to just the regulars.  

And believe it or not I am not a DOW die hard.  I stand up for any game, especially EA, that is getting unfair treatment that I happen to enjoy and think they are on the path to making a good game I can see myself playing.  Same goes for BAT44 once it starts taking it's unfair hits.  Head over to Fog of War and see the same thing happening over there. 

All in all, How about let's quit trying to sabotage Days of War and let these two companies push eachother to make the best game.  I literally want both games to be great.  To be the best.  There is obviously going to be competition with the two because they are basically making the same type of game and are advertising it to the same player base.  Why help make one of their jobs easier so they quit reaching higher?  It makes no sense at all.  

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

The fact I am putting there name out there is bad enough, I don't want to fully expose them no matter how much I hate that dev team.

Sorry but that's just stupid, anyone can go to Steam and read that...

11 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

I have already told you through DM why I despise the DOW team so I am not going to go into that again.

You clearly hate and despises them and with the Steam screeny and dev name on there how can you "out" them more??

Edited by Razor

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Razor said:

Sorry but that's just stupid, anyone can go to Steam and read that...

Then go do that?

You clearly hate and despises them and with the Steam screeny and dev name on there how can you "out" them more??

Thanks for repeating me? LOL

Edited by xXclusiivE

CD59E17751AE90EE0DBEAB6A83CD8AED833FE316

I saw this new artwork on steam for DoW.

The graphics are amazing.