1 hour ago, xXclusiivE said:

Well I still hate there devs and game but Im gonna go ahead and say that those players where complete idiots...

that wasn't the point. at least 3 of those players spawned before his very eyes.

also, and one of the guys who have played DoW can correct me if i'm wrong, that map is populated with AI storming the beach so those weren't actual players. so, they were either the dumbest m0therf*ckers ever to play a video game or one of the worst examples of AI in a game.

dumb.jpg

Edited by Farq-S

5 hours ago, Farq-S said:

that wasn't the point. at least 3 of those players spawned before his very eyes.

also, and one of the guys who have played DoW can correct me if i'm wrong, that map is populated with AI storming the beach so those weren't actual players. so, they were either the dumbest m0therf*ckers ever to play a video game or one of the worst examples of AI in a game.

dumb.jpg

Doesnt matter if they are spawning before his eyes. They are going to because that's the allied spawn. That is the ONLY spawn for them on the map.

To be honest, I hope both games do very well. I hope both games have a thriving player base and they offer different experience for us to choose from. That's what's ideal. All we can do is sit and wait.

• Upvote 1

Their version of Omaha Beach is a nightmare to escape from as Allies. The rifles are OP and the Axis just sit on top of the hill and own all who are below them.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WolfEnstein said:

Their version of Omaha Beach is a nightmare to escape from as Allies. The rifles are OP and the Axis just sit on top of the hill and own all who are below them.

Thats Omaha Beach for you though..

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, xXclusiivE said:

I hate strafing, specially in DOW. the movement is too quick and its the reason most people dont ADS, its almost pointless to ADS when someone can strafe from left to right is a second.

I though we explained quite well whats wrong with it. I mean the gun jumps 3-5 inches on your screen depending on what weapon you are firing in full auto. Its ridiculous and it seems natural? have you fires some WWII weapons because I have and own a couple and its nothing like this.

So in your opinion there shouldnt be any kind of recoil? I mean, im used to actually adjust my sp

Exactly! For realism, you got Ro2 i would say... gosh what a nightmare xD

11 hours ago, Ryssk said:

So in your opinion there shouldnt be any kind of recoil? I mean, im used to actually adjust my sp

Exactly! For realism, you got Ro2 i would say... gosh what a nightmare xD

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

• Upvote 1

shame I quite liked the look of this game but no leaning is too much of a step back, it is probably the most singularly tactical aspect of modern FPSs, what's next back to Wolfenstein and no mouse?

• Downvote 3

9 hours ago, maddog-b said:

shame I quite liked the look of this game but no leaning is too much of a step back, it is probably the most singularly tactical aspect of modern FPSs, what's next back to Wolfenstein and no mouse?

Really? leaning is your biggest issue. I could care less if games has leaning or not tbh.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thought the review was kind of funny but also very true. Hes a YouTuber with over 220,000 Subs.  

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Freakshow said:

Brutal when H&G gets called a better game.

I've enjoyed many many hours on H&G and it seems a lot better compared to DOW so far

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, vozER said:

I've enjoyed many many hours on H&G and it seems a lot better compared to DOW so far

Mechanically it is ok...but there are many things wrong with the core of the game IMO. I sunk a few hours in it and it was for nothing so no regrets.

Personally, I saw many red flags with DoW so I dodged that one. Was never a fan of DoD:S. I'd have been disappointed if I spent money on that instead of Battalion.

• Upvote 1

Wow... not very often do you see developers respond to reviews on Steam products but the game has gotten such bad reputation and reviews they started responding LOL 

This is the 6th negative review hes commented on so far in just my 5 minutes of browsing.

Screenshot_16.jpg.07ade37edeff5cf7541bae58df760445.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg.2ca28af152a49b9941cde2feb951622a.jpg

7 hours ago, Razor said:

Why is the text censored out?

The fact I am putting there name out there is bad enough, I don't want to fully expose them no matter how much I hate that dev team.

2 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

The fact I am putting there name out there is bad enough, I don't want to fully expose them no matter how much I hate that dev team.

Or to block out a legitimate response to a growing trend of people "who liked the game" but gave a negative review because of player count.  You do realize that they can get players with just the click of some buttons right which makes it a pretty useless review?  EA games are used to get more funding and feedback from their future player base because they do not have enough funds or a publisher to help them complete it all on their own.  It also allows anyone to get a glimpse of what to expect.  Once they finally get to a point they are very happy with, they will unleash the sales and marketing to instantly kick start the game again if needed.  The fact that they have not held any sales before they feel they are ready is a good sign that they are not thinking they are close to a final release (thankfully so because it has only been two months since release).  

Anyone can go on the DOW store page right now, scroll down to the review section, tick mark RECENT and NEGATIVE and you can see them.  

- Day of Infamy went through this.  Not as bad, but they dipped very low on player base enough to see 50+ of these types of reviews and they even had a publisher.  

- Fog of War is now getting hammered by it.  Went from Very Positive to Mixed in just two weeks because player base dropped.  

- DOW has been getting wrecked by it for the past 5 weeks.  Also lost it's Positive score.

Other Areas That You Have To Consider

Then you have to take into account that there are 50+ prior WW2 games (a very highly popular theme in gaming) that every single gamer has a favorite from.  So when DOW, DOI, FOW and/or BAT44 does not live up to what they loved the most, they are very critical.  I can already tell you that BAT44 will get the same reviews from these same types of people because the games are looking similar.  "Too fast", "Too hard", "Recoil too hard", "Strafing not realistic", "Jump/shoot not realistic", "Quick load is a cheat".  Already sounding familiar?  

The next is those who give a negative and then refund.  2 hours is not enough time to allow yourself to get used to any game.  I have played plenty of games where every urge I had was to uninstall shortly after startup, but the more I played the more I started to love them.  

Plus competition is high.  I do not notice it with FOW, but DOW has had three people thumbs upping every negative review since day one.  EVERY one.  Because there is this unneeded rift between a very small percentage of "fanboys", I would not be surprised to see someone doing that to every future BAT44 negative review.  Or who knows, they could had been DOI people trying to hurt the game to get players back into theirs and spare BAT44 because they are finally good to go on players.  Either way, it is a shameful tactic to try and bump every negative review to the top of the list.  

Lastly

For some reason you have a hateful obsession with Days of War and wish it to fail much like those who troll the negative review sections.  I do not see the benefit in wishing any of our 2017 WW2 games to fail.  I prefer to see each strive and constantly try to make a game better than the other.  Because in the end, we win if that happens.  

You seem like you are FULL IN on BAT44.  Either financially or just a huge fan of a game you have never even played yet.  But you guys will have your overly critical EA reviewers just the same who will be complaining about everything from price to amount of content for a unfinished game.  They will drag down it's score from what it should be and then as a result will cause the casual player to think twice before purchasing.  How would you like to see someone bumping to the top every one of those negative reviews and then plastering them all over another WW2 games website to laugh at?  Would you think it is a fair assessment of a game that has the potential to be a very fun game once completed?  

Just think before you do things.  If anything, this gives me a bad taste for BAT44's future community.  Being a realism player, how much love can we expect over here if anyone with different views are made fun of.  

1 hour ago, Switz said:

Or to block out a legitimate response to a growing trend of people "who liked the game" but gave a negative review because of player count.  You do realize that they can get players with just the click of some buttons right which makes it a pretty useless review?  EA games are used to get more funding and feedback from their future player base because they do not have enough funds or a publisher to help them complete it all on their own.  It also allows anyone to get a glimpse of what to expect.  Once they finally get to a point they are very happy with, they will unleash the sales and marketing to instantly kick start the game again if needed.  The fact that they have not held any sales before they feel they are ready is a good sign that they are not thinking they are close to a final release (thankfully so because it has only been two months since release).  

Anyone can go on the DOW store page right now, scroll down to the review section, tick mark RECENT and NEGATIVE and you can see them.  

- Day of Infamy went through this.  Not as bad, but they dipped very low on player base enough to see 50+ of these types of reviews and they even had a publisher.  

- Fog of War is now getting hammered by it.  Went from Very Positive to Mixed in just two weeks because player base dropped.  

- DOW has been getting wrecked by it for the past 5 weeks.  Also lost it's Positive score.

Other Areas That You Have To Consider

Then you have to take into account that there are 50+ prior WW2 games (a very highly popular theme in gaming) that every single gamer has a favorite from.  So when DOW, DOI, FOW and/or BAT44 does not live up to what they loved the most, they are very critical.  I can already tell you that BAT44 will get the same reviews from these same types of people because the games are looking similar.  "Too fast", "Too hard", "Recoil too hard", "Strafing not realistic", "Jump/shoot not realistic", "Quick load is a cheat".  Already sounding familiar?  

The next is those who give a negative and then refund.  2 hours is not enough time to allow yourself to get used to any game.  I have played plenty of games where every urge I had was to uninstall shortly after startup, but the more I played the more I started to love them.  

Plus competition is high.  I do not notice it with FOW, but DOW has had three people thumbs upping every negative review since day one.  EVERY one.  Because there is this unneeded rift between a very small percentage of "fanboys", I would not be surprised to see someone doing that to every future BAT44 negative review.  Or who knows, they could had been DOI people trying to hurt the game to get players back into theirs and spare BAT44 because they are finally good to go on players.  Either way, it is a shameful tactic to try and bump every negative review to the top of the list.  

Lastly

For some reason you have a hateful obsession with Days of War and wish it to fail much like those who troll the negative review sections.  I do not see the benefit in wishing any of our 2017 WW2 games to fail.  I prefer to see each strive and constantly try to make a game better than the other.  Because in the end, we win if that happens.  

You seem like you are FULL IN on BAT44.  Either financially or just a huge fan of a game you have never even played yet.  But you guys will have your overly critical EA reviewers just the same who will be complaining about everything from price to amount of content for a unfinished game.  They will drag down it's score from what it should be and then as a result will cause the casual player to think twice before purchasing.  How would you like to see someone bumping to the top every one of those negative reviews and then plastering them all over another WW2 games website to laugh at?  Would you think it is a fair assessment of a game that has the potential to be a very fun game once completed?  

Just think before you do things.  If anything, this gives me a bad taste for BAT44's future community.  Being a realism player, how much love can we expect over here if anyone with different views are made fun of.  

I am trying to figure out where realism comes into play with these types of games. I mean in order to achieve what you want regarding realism then you are going to need some modders.

I have already told you through DM why I despise the DOW team so I am not going to go into that again.

I understand that you have a huge love a game which is slowly going down the drain because I do keep up with there forums maybe once a week and on Steam you to respond to some reviews. I however do not understand how you could give the game a positive review in its current state.

The reason I say this "game which is slowly going down the drain" is because I feel that the devs are not ready to produce a game. Not all of them but their mapper really is not qualified to be making maps. They want a competitive scene and its honestly some of the sh*ttiest maps for balance I have ever seen in my life. There is no way Omaha or the Bulge map could ever make it into the comp scene.

Lastly why does a company completely rip a map from another game without consulting the original dev team first? That backfired hard..