Para182

Days of War ?

95 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

There's competitive recoil and then there ridiculous(Days Of War) recoil. With that kind of recoil there should be no ADS.. it should be just like CSGO. Not gonna like I like CSGO recoil better then DoW. Bought Bad Company 2 two weeks ago for $5, im going to let that bring bakc some old memories while I wait for BAT44.

i just hope i dont see any of this in BAT 44 and i really hope they do a better job in releasing BAT 44.

1 thing they can do better is getting those dedicated server files out sooner so there can be proper public servers up, first impression is usually the most important one, if that first impression is gained on a own hosted public server it doesnt do your game any good.

3 minutes ago, Icey said:

i just hope i dont see any of this in BAT 44 and i really hope they do a better job in releasing BAT 44.

1 thing they can do better is getting those dedicated server files out sooner so there can be proper public servers up, first impression is usually the most important one, if that first impression is gained on a own hosted public server it doesnt do your game any good.

Exactly, also devs if you read this make sure you know the difference when using long range iron sights and close range ones. Just watched some DoW gameplay and they still don't have the Thompson sights fixed. This was brought to their attention about 7 months ago. In game they have the Thompson looking thought its long range irons instead of the close range portion.

that's not even recoil, the weapon barely moves when firing lol it just moves your aim upwards... lulz

18 minutes ago, mazh said:

that's not even recoil, the weapon barely moves when firing lol it just moves your aim upwards... lulz

Please enlighten me with your knowledge of recoil because according to you I have been mistaken for the last 23 years of my life, do proceed.

From the videos I've watched, when firing in full auto, the weapon itself doesn't even move, only the aim goes upwards and because of that the recoil of DoW seems really abnormal and effortless to me. 

I hope you've been enlighten by my opinion.

20 minutes ago, mazh said:

From the videos I've watched, when firing in full auto, the weapon itself doesn't even move, only the aim goes upwards and because of that the recoil of DoW seems really abnormal and effortless to me. 

I hope you've been enlighten by my opinion.

sorry mazh, but your description is even more confusing. if the weapon doesn't move but the aim goes up (i think you're talking about view kick but not sure) the bullets won't go where the player is pointing the weapon. i can't see how that's a good thing as you make it sound like there's no connection between the animations and bullets.

i watched some streams yesterday and the recoil looks ridiculous to me but maybe it's different actually playing.

So what's the problem with the recoil? Not realism enuff? Cause right now all i see is people saying that the recoil is bad, but not why? :S I tried it, and it felt quite natural? I mean there's actually mouse adjustment needed for a spray pattern

Here's some of recoil, watch for yourself

6 minutes ago, vozER said:

Here's some of recoil, watch for yourself

did you see the crazy range on the shotguns!

18 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

did you see the crazy range on the shotguns!

Yes I sure did! Did you see the horrible MP44 model? It's wayyy to thin and... weird.

5 minutes ago, vozER said:

Yes I sure did! Did you see the horrible MP44 model? It's wayyy to thin and... weird.

the MP44 looks particularly bad but except for that and the sniper scope taking up too much screen the other gun models look ok.

one of the vids mentioned he couldn't strafe. not sure if he meant strafing or strafe-jumping but the absence of strafing for me is a game breaker. i couldn't play an fps that doesn't have strafe.

Edited by Farq-S

Strafing is walk to the side while aiming forward right..?

Would be lame if that is not in the game..

10 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

I hate strafing, specially in DOW. the movement is too quick and its the reason most people dont ADS, its almost pointless to ADS when someone can strafe from left to right is a second.

1 hour ago, Ryssk said:

So what's the problem with the recoil? Not realism enuff? Cause right now all i see is people saying that the recoil is bad, but not why? :S I tried it, and it felt quite natural? I mean there's actually mouse adjustment needed for a spray pattern

I though we explained quite well whats wrong with it. I mean the gun jumps 3-5 inches on your screen depending on what weapon you are firing in full auto. Its ridiculous and it seems natural? have you fires some WWII weapons because I have and own a couple and its nothing like this.

17 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

correct. one of the streamers said he couldn't strafe but maybe he meant it feels clunky or too slow. i can't believe its not in the game.

the more gameplay i watch the more things i don't like. you can't jump and shoot. you can't see enemy players very well and the maps are too dark (every stream i've watched have said that). there's a delay between when you ADS and the camera zooming into the sight. you are punished for moving around the map too much. there's no lean. the list is getting bigger by the minute.

Edited by Farq-S

6 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I hate strafing, specially in DOW. the movement is too quick and its the reason most people dont ADS, its almost pointless to ADS when someone can strafe from left to right is a second.

every CoD game and every FPS i've ever played has strafing and in all of those games ADS was always more effective than hipfiring unless you were in touching distance. if Bat44 is based on CoD4 promod strafing will be in Bat44.

34 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

correct. one of the streamers said he couldn't strafe but maybe he meant it feels clunky or too slow. i can't believe its not in the game.

the more gameplay i watch the more things i don't like. you can't jump and shoot. you can't see enemy players very well and the maps are too dark (every stream i've watched have said that). there's a delay between when you ADS and the camera zooming into the sight. you are punished for moving around the map too much. there's no lean. the list is getting bigger by the minute.

Wait.. there's no lean? Damn.

I like the fact that you can't jump and accurately shoot, though (hip shooting + jump would be ok though).

With the rest of the list, I agree though

37 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

every CoD game and every FPS i've ever played has strafing and in all of those games ADS was always more effective than hipfiring unless you were in touching distance. if Bat44 is based on CoD4 promod strafing will be in Bat44.

No, no I am all for strafing but in DOW strafing is way to fast, if you ads while someone is strafing from left to right then back again its so damn hard to hit them. CoD has it just right.

35 minutes ago, vozER said:

Wait.. there's no lean? Damn.

I like the fact that you can't jump and accurately shoot, though (hip shooting + jump would be ok though).

no, when he said you can't jump and shoot he meant when you jump in the air your gun will not fire at all. accurately or otherwise. i've seen this in another game i've played but can't remember which but it felt really weird.

39 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

no, when he said you can't jump and shoot he meant when you jump in the air your gun will not fire at all. accurately or otherwise. i've seen this in another game i've played but can't remember which but it felt really weird.

Woow ok, that's bad!

4 hours ago, Farq-S said:

sorry mazh, but your description is even more confusing. if the weapon doesn't move but the aim goes up (i think you're talking about view kick but not sure) the bullets won't go where the player is pointing the weapon. i can't see how that's a good thing as you make it sound like there's no connection between the animations and bullets.

i watched some streams yesterday and the recoil looks ridiculous to me but maybe it's different actually playing.

That's what I'm saying, there's no link beetween the animation and the aim. From what I've seen, I didn't play yet

2 minutes ago, mazh said:

That's what I'm saying, there's no link beetween the animation and the aim. From what I've seen, I didn't play yet

ah, right. got it. i know its wrong to judge a game before playing it but sometimes you just know you're not going to like it.

1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

inurgency and america's army are like that, day z has no jump even.

the movement is a really big turn off in those games

Edited by mazh

What they did great is the reloading of the kar98.. the metal strip is not pulled out bij hand, but just ejected bij the gun itself: that is exactly how that rifle is designed.. 

So i found something i really like about the game :) thumbs up for that one..

I will try the game myself, but still have to wait till i have enough money for the new pc.. but i will have it when Battalion alpha comes out ^_^

Edited by WeAsOne

can anyone explain why i shouldn't view this game as utter b0ll0cks!

2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

can anyone explain why i shouldn't view this game as utter b0ll0cks!

Well I still hate there devs and game but Im gonna go ahead and say that those players where complete idiots...