Para182

Days of War ?

106 posts in this topic

We aren't that worried about DoW. Sure they have some nice things about their levels but when we see their game (which we have). We see all the things we can, will and are doing better. But any team going against another will have faith in their abilities over their adversary's.

There have been comments and actions towards us in public that the public won't have picked up on and this fuels some discontent towards each other and that is sometimes voiced publicly which was not right and was retracted. We can only apologize for having a huge emotional investment in our work and sometime that surfaces. 

I won't share our opinions on Driven Arts and how they are funded but we know it's not from their 2nd Kickstarter Campaign or from a publisher which we feel takes away from the incredibly hard work and effort we have put in over the years to get to this point in our development. The grind has been real I assure you.

At the end of the day it's all in good fun. We backed their first kickstarter (which failed) and we even sent them a Christmas card! We are glad others are thinking the same as us and trying to revitalize this genre! Please forgive us for getting a little too competitive! We are competitive gamers after all ;)

Thanks
Tuna

Edited by [CM] BigTuna
5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day the Public pays money and makes a choice, it is good to see more than one developer taking an interest in the WW2 theatre again.

If Battalion replaces MOHAA and COD2 with updated graphics I for one will be a very happy PC Gamer, this is the message I am getting from Battalions's 1944,PR and marketing, this is why my Gaming group (average age over 50 yrs) backed Battalion.1944.

Edited by MaB Rev_Bob
punctuation
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish BAT44 would include a single player campaign as well.  Their directions seems more suited for it than DoW.  But I understand that is a substantial increase of work and deadlines and with this being hopefully the first BIG one for Bulkhead, here is to hoping we see it in BATT44 / 2  in the distant future.  

 

I understand their is competitiveness.  Anyone here who really (and I think unfairly) favors BAT44 to the point they are performing a personal boycott of DoW need to understand is, DoW is causing BAT44 to go further and strive harder I would hope.  And vice versa, seeing how much DoW has come along, I'd say that BAT44 pushed them to new heights as well.  So rightfully, as a consumer, you should pray for both companies to put forth the best they can possibly muster while we sit back and enjoy two great games.  

 

But trash talking and making up lies about the other game to deter folks is not the right answer and never will be.  Respect what both companies are doing and since DoW is getting out the gate first, there should be no reason to not help promote it if you have any interest in either game.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Switz said:

But trash talking and making up lies about the other game to deter folks is not the right answer and never will be.  Respect what both companies are doing and since DoW is getting out the gate first, there should be no reason to not help promote it if you have any interest in either game.  

I fully agree that it will be for the better now that 2 games in general, who will be each others competitor in terms of game theme, being developed at the same time if only to raise the level of quality of both. This has been said out loud many times already on one of the very first threads on the old forum. Many players in here (including myself) even backed DoW's first KS campaign.

But may i please remind you that it is not the Batalion:1944 folks in here that started 'trash' talking about DoW or any other game. In fact, in a very short time 'we' have noticed several recent registered posters starting complain posts about BH's pricing and propaganda posts favoring DoW on here; on the Battalion:1944 forum.

Not saying other games should not be discussed in here, not at all. But in no way i think will it be justified to come down to a forum where Battalion:1944 fans gather and start complain posts out of no where and emphasizing all the great things their competitor(s) do. It would be the exact same thing if 'we' all went down to (in this case) DoW forum and complain about all the things their game development lacks at this point. You may expect to get stung when stirring a bees hive mate.

And DoW fans feel offended all of a sudden, is pure irony and make them lose all credibility, not 'us'. So i'd would advise anyone who favors one game over Battalion:1944 to keep doing so as long as they do it with respect and do not complain about Battalion:1944 in a non-constructive way.

Even though the complain post about Battalion:1944 being "way to overpriced" and accusing BH from money grabbing  and not having proved themselves with any successful game was a straight rude and indecent attack to the devs, these same devs showed their dignity and respect and actually took notice of it.

Again this says enough about the integrity of the Battalion:1944 'camp'. 

Now lets get back to business. All has been said now.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2016 at 3:30 PM, Switz said:

If and when we get to the point I can ever take my foot off the pedal I will gladly pay a visit to WEB in DoI!

You'll be more than welcome, Switz bro ;).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8-12-2016 at 5:11 PM, Farq-S said:

using a CG trailer is not the smartest way to push a new game by a new developer these days. would've been far more impressive to see actual gameplay because this CG trailer looks just ok and makes me think the gameplay will look less than ok. and to re-enact possibly one of the greatest war movie footages of all time makes it look even worse.

 

Did the made the blood in paint or something?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mrvpixel said:

Did the made the blood in paint or something?

forgive me but i'm assuming English is not your first language because i've have no idea what you said. sorry.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He means did they make the blood in the program called "paint" which is a super super basic program for drawing stuff. We only use it to quickly crop images these days

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

He means did they make the blood in the program called "paint" which is a super super basic program for drawing stuff. We only use it to quickly crop images these days

Haha! such questions are way too technical for me, obviously.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrvpixel said:

Did the made the blood in paint or something?

that CGI trailer seems like a ripped off from saving private ryan

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2016 at 10:11 AM, Farq-S said:

using a CG trailer is not the smartest way to push a new game by a new developer these days. would've been far more impressive to see actual gameplay because this CG trailer looks just ok and makes me think the gameplay will look less than ok. and to re-enact possibly one of the greatest war movie footages of all time makes it look even worse.

 

saving private ryan, anyone?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Farq-S said:

forgive me but i'm assuming English is not your first language because i've have no idea what you said. sorry.

R.I.P my English, sorry

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

He means did they make the blood in the program called "paint" which is a super super basic program for drawing stuff. We only use it to quickly crop images these days

Jup

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don't see them as direct competitors, they seem to aim for a more DoD/ET-styled gameplay, while Battalion44 is a bit more similar to mohaa/cod :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 12/14/2016 at 8:33 AM, yiNMastah said:

I fully agree that it will be for the better now that 2 games in general, who will be each others competitor in terms of game theme, being developed at the same time if only to raise the level of quality of both. This has been said out loud many times already on one of the very first threads on the old forum. Many players in here (including myself) even backed DoW's first KS campaign.

But may i please remind you that it is not the Batalion:1944 folks in here that started 'trash' talking about DoW or any other game. In fact, in a very short time 'we' have noticed several recent registered posters starting complain posts about BH's pricing and propaganda posts favoring DoW on here; on the Battalion:1944 forum.

Not saying other games should not be discussed in here, not at all. But in no way i think will it be justified to come down to a forum where Battalion:1944 fans gather and start complain posts out of no where and emphasizing all the great things their competitor(s) do. It would be the exact same thing if 'we' all went down to (in this case) DoW forum and complain about all the things their game development lacks at this point. You may expect to get stung when stirring a bees hive mate.

And DoW fans feel offended all of a sudden, is pure irony and make them lose all credibility, not 'us'. So i'd would advise anyone who favors one game over Battalion:1944 to keep doing so as long as they do it with respect and do not complain about Battalion:1944 in a non-constructive way.

Even though the complain post about Battalion:1944 being "way to overpriced" and accusing BH from money grabbing  and not having proved themselves with any successful game was a straight rude and indecent attack to the devs, these same devs showed their dignity and respect and actually took notice of it.

Again this says enough about the integrity of the Battalion:1944 'camp'. 

Now lets get back to business. All has been said now.

 

So you think it's fully ok as a developer, to start trash talk about another developer? I've understand that Tuna kinda said that they've apologized.. but still you're making it like their fully entitled to go around and bash on other developers like a 8 year old would start a rumour at the 1st day of school.

So you think it's fully ok as a developer, to start trash talk about another developer? I've understand that Tuna kinda said that they've apologized.. but still you're making it sound like their fully entitled to go around and bash on other developers like a 8 year old would start a rumour at the 1st day of school.

But like many said, it's 2 different game, some things may look the same and some may not. And for those who've created the accounts just to bash down on like BT44 i feel sorry for them.. But that's nothing the DevianArt developers can be held responsible for?

 

Now the issue was the initial bashing started out with a certain developer.. It wasnt 1 time, 2 times, but 3 times., i played against them in Overwatch with several of the BT44 developers teamed up.. And all i can say, it was the same immature non-sense there aswell (yeah i know that was in-game and shouldnt affect here cause it was private hour sessions). And i got several friends who can back me up on that aswell.

I've backed the both games, and i hope to see something more from BT44 side.. I wish there will be more content showed to us in the near future cause both games can be great. 

And to be fair, now when i've read the whole "shitshow about pricing" he did state DoW and DoI and not solely DoW only.. But people like to pick out the context without actually reading the whole thing.. 

But glad that thread seems to have been shut down considering Brammer gave a good reason why the pricing is as it is!

 

 

Edited by Ryssk
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very interested to see what Days of War will bring to the table. I think it's good to have competitive as it will tend to drive the devs even further giving us a better game in the end. 

But what i've seen, the game feels and looks like a Day of Defeat copy paste. Not saying that is a bad thing as that game was good, i just hope they can deliver a nice WW2 fps. 

I would place my bet at Battalion 1944 tho. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2016 at 1:26 PM, Switz said:

But trash talking and making up lies about the other game to deter folks is not the right answer and never will be.  Respect what both companies are doing and since DoW is getting out the gate first, there should be no reason to not help promote it if you have any interest in either game.  

Long time no talk Switz!

Now I played the DOW alpha when it first came out and it was just horrible and did not look anything like the trailers they released during the kickstart so I was obviously very disappointed. I have stated how much I hate there recoil enough on these forums so I wont go there again and since I haven't played the game since the first release of the Closed Alpha I can not comment on any gameplay

What I will comment on is the treatment I received form the dev or whoever it was from Driven Arts who replied to my email I sent them. So before the email I gave my opinion on their forums about the recoil and other things which a lot of ex Days of defeat players really got angry over. My comments on the direction the game was heading created a lot of fanboys to uproar and I am sure you can remember Switz.

So I played for about 3 hrs, put the game down then just couldn't find the time to even give it another go because I just hated the mechanics so much. Few days later I tried launching again to find out that I got the message that I didn't have access to the Alpha. So after attempting to relaunch and getting the same message I email someone at Driven Arts and explained the message I was getting. They responded with "We can refund the game if you like" now this royally pissed me off and is what made me loose respect for them because instead of helping me find a solution as to why I was getting this no alpha access message to a game that I payed for they suggested I just get a refund. It took me 5 seconds to reply with "Yes give me a f*cking refund". I was also banned off there discord and was never given an explanation as to why. 

So here is why I will trash talk them and will never support Driven Arts. *drops mic*

 

**Sorry for bad spelling and grammar. Bringing up these memories pissed me off when typing..**

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember you, but not the name.  You go by something else?

Trust me, as a Realism Player I hear it from all sides ALL THE TIME.  Literally cannot go a single day without someone completely unprovoked making a ill statement about the realism community.  If it is a reaction to something legitimate then fine, but 9 times out of 10 it is simple trolling.  You will be happy to know that these are no longer the current backers.  They seem to be much more open and see us working our tales off to advertise the game, help to make it better and contribute positively.  But the new EA crowd looks like a return to the usual as just today I saw a spike in this sort of behavior on the DOW Steam page and a couple of trolls who had nothing better to do than come and troll our DOW-Realism Community website and Steam Group.  You are going to run into these types in any game you go to.  And if you are into Realism (which many of your suggestions leaned that way) and especially someone who contributes a lot to the realism community and is very active you will see this sort of crap daily.  No matter the game I am afraid.  The Realism Community will always have enemies because for some reason, when someone has a bad experience with the 1st Whatever Division and the 2nd Whatever Division they automatically just group every realism unit together.  

But at the end of the day, there was no illusions that DOW would not be catered to anyone but the ultra competitive.  However, guys like you and me also wanted to see more of their other big promise of adding pats of other classics in the game.  It is weird how we heard that, but many comp players did not haha.  All I can say is that the Devs are 100% still pursuing that path as EA progresses.  

A lot of your anger I remember was towards the other players in the community which caused a lot of public fighting.  You where very critical of the game too.  Now I am not saying DOW needs/needed a bunch of "Yes men", but you where a little strong a few times when you got rattled by the community and it loses credibility or allies looking to join that mess and voice in agreement with you.  I know I've said that to try and get you back on target a few times as I recall.  Did that behavior play a part in them not assisting you?  I do not know, but I agree it is no excuse them not helping.  

DOW Alpha was indeed a gut punch.  So you above all others will have a hard time picking your jaw up from the floor come Thursday if you decide to try again.  Come with us to the realism community man.  We listen, we mod, we make.  We always knew some of our more radical demands would never be considered like leaning, weapon jams, voice radius, etc.  These where always going to have to be made into a mod.  Thats the reason you never saw them mentioned in the DOW forums.  

 

I do not think I can link the realism community for Days of War here.  Would be unprofessional.  But you can find it through my steam groups and/or our Public Steam Group page from our unit announcement in BAT44.

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Days of War Early Access starts today. Anyone going to play it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you liked the "feel" of DoD:S, then this will scratch the itch for sure. If DoD:S just didn't feel right, then this won't either from the sounds of it.

Visually it's certainly come on in terms of textures, animations etc. The muzzle flash is still a bit too bonfire night for me but I'm sure that's something that will get addressed.

Hope they do well as it's just nice to see WW2 shooters being released again, but it's not for me.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

gotta say, DoW looks good.

 

Was gonna buy it and try it again until I seen the recoil again in the first few seconds of this video lol... but at elast the graphics dont look like chalk drawings anymore.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well just tried it out... menaged to play bout 5 maps and it reminded me why i didnt like DoD..

Recoil is ridiculous high, just absurd and almost unplayable. at some point 80% just took a sniper and sit in the back lol.

Nades flickering all over the place, have to put settings on low to make it playable, have to say, servers i was on was not good also.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Icey said:

well just tried it out... menaged to play bout 5 maps and it reminded me why i didnt like DoD..

Recoil is ridiculous high, just absurd and almost unplayable. at some point 80% just took a sniper and sit in the back lol.

Nades flickering all over the place, have to put settings on low to make it playable, have to say, servers i was on was not good also.

 

There's competitive recoil and then there ridiculous(Days Of War) recoil. With that kind of recoil there should be no ADS.. it should be just like CSGO. Not gonna like I like CSGO recoil better then DoW. Bought Bad Company 2 two weeks ago for $5, im going to let that bring bakc some old memories while I wait for BAT44.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA9IL-yanDc

 

Like if you watch the first 1:50 of this video the character models and level detail looks sexy as fuck. The weapon models in first person kinda look funky but when I play WWII game I kinda get a little too into it. My imagination goes to wild like a 13 year old kid and I picture myself being there but F*CK why did they have to ruin such a beautiful game with unplayable recoil... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now