Para182

Days of War ?

106 posts in this topic

Hi guys , I surely can't be the only one that backed both projects ? Any one on here back days of war as well and would like a few games sometime ?:) 

Edited by Para182

19 minutes ago, Para182 said:

Hi guys , I surely can't be the only one that backed both projects ? Any one on here back days of war as well and would like a few games sometime ?:) 

I agree, i didn't back it but I am quite hyped for it, doing some videos in the future on it

They really need to get one of these games out and get the community flourishing before EA or Activision just come in and steal all potential.  Personally I have no interest in BF1, I'm only interested in WW2 or modern to a lesser extent.

If Activision don't release a WW2 game in late 2017, they really are dumb.

Edited by ClintBeastwood

We've been playing it for a while, it's making slow progress and still needs a lot of work. They pushed back the release date, which was definitely a "wise buy" on the part of the Devteam.

using a CG trailer is not the smartest way to push a new game by a new developer these days. would've been far more impressive to see actual gameplay because this CG trailer looks just ok and makes me think the gameplay will look less than ok. and to re-enact possibly one of the greatest war movie footages of all time makes it look even worse.

[Mod free rants : ON]

First, they tried to copy kickstarter campaign from Battalion and now they are copying the "private ryan" movie !! o.O

Hum, seems these devs have no imagination !9_9

But the trailer is nice for an amator's job. IMHO.

[Mod free rants : OFF]

@Farq-s if you had looked around even for a couple of minutes more you would have found this lol :P i expect you have found it now tho but if not then here. As you can see there are some community players who gave the devs some clips (also why you will see the graphics differ clip to clip dependent on what settings the player was using)

Edited by Massicor

seems like a fun game, definitely fast paced but not competitive like some of us desire

for a few night laughs with the mates

1 hour ago, Massicor said:

@Farq-s if you had looked around even for a couple of minutes more you would have found this lol :P i expect you have found it now tho but if not then here. As you can see there are some community players who gave the devs some clips (also why you will see the graphics differ clip to clip dependent on what settings the player was using)

you're right, i didn't look around for gameplay and the clip you posted doesn't look too bad. just wished they posted the gameplay on IGN instead of that contrived cinematic trailer which gives no indication as to the state of the game.

1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

you're right, i didn't look around for gameplay and the clip you posted doesn't look too bad. just wished they posted the gameplay on IGN instead of that contrived cinematic trailer which gives no indication as to the state of the game.

They'll get a lot of coverage on IGN, of that there is no doubt! The gameplay vid will probs be out in a separate article some time soon ^^

On 12/9/2016 at 0:43 PM, mazh said:

seems like a fun game, definitely fast paced but not competitive like some of us desire

for a few night laughs with the mates

I also backed Days of War. And having played it, and seen the fast improvement from their alpha release in April up untill now.

It is very competitive, if you ever played DoD or DoD source. I was part of the european championship in DoDs in the Netherlands And Days of War feels very close DoDs/CoD2 in general, so don't be so quick to judge on a few frag clips. Because if DoDs/CoD2 was anything, it was super competitive.

On 12/8/2016 at 6:00 PM, Soldat Ryan said:

[Mod free rants : ON]

First, they tried to copy kickstarter campaign from Battalion and now they are copying the "private ryan" movie !! o.O

Hum, seems these devs have no imagination !9_9

But the trailer is nice for an amator's job. IMHO.

[Mod free rants : OFF]

That is not really a fair statement, since DrivenArts studio started development, before Bulkhead studio. Bulkhead just hit the kickstarter campaign right before DrivenArts - Beside that, every WW2 game copied Saving Private Ryan haha.

Also backed both for Alpha, so i can say that DrivenArts have some real skill when to comes to development. The difference from playing their prototype versus their beta product right now, is incredible what they've accomplished in such short time, especially when you think about it's 1 guy doing almost all the coding.

You should be openminded about other games, even though you've followed Bat1944 since day 1.

Edited by HelpmeJohnny

13 hours ago, HelpmeJohnny said:

That is not really a fair statement

I readily admit it. ;) my post was made under "free rants" quotes.

13 hours ago, HelpmeJohnny said:

You should be openminded about other games, even though you've followed Bat1944 since day 1.

Believe me i m openminded but you can't take off my minds that they wanted to follow on from the success of the Bat44 campaign (can be understandable9_9) but it was too close from the Bat44 campaign (bad timing in my sense) and it was a copy of their campaign, ..... and they failed.
I m maybe an "old-school man" with pinciples but there is a part of opportunism and plagiarism that i can't accept.

----------

Now, I also recognize that there is good evolution between their first teaser (which seemed come from an outdated game, specially for a UE4 game) and the last one (previous video in this thread). They are on the good path.

It will be without me (but who's care? lool), but I wish them good luck and a lot of fun for the gamers. ;)
The main objective of a game is to give funny times to the gamers. So if the fun is on "rendez-vous", well, that's fine.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

I m maybe an "old-school man" with pinciples but there is a part of opportunism and plagiarism that i can't accept.

What if Bulkhead studio found out Days of War was in development and was about to announce a kickstarter campaign? So they decided to release a quick prototype to get ahead of DrivenArts campaign? We don't know anything prior to the kickstarter announcements, so I think plagiarism is a very harsh word to use. Considering Days of War was miles ahead of Bulkhead regarding development.

And Joe Brammerton also knows that's too harsh to say, and not healthy competition, otherwise he wouldn't have deleted his twitter rant about DrivenArts during the Overwatch tournament.

But this is like CoD vs Battlefield franchise, never ending war.

I believe it was just bad timing. And i have no clue which game will be better in the end, both may fail terribly or succeed.
But i am always open-minded about games in development. And never judging or making assumptions on final content, based on bad marketing decisions.

Who knows, maybe you'll hate what Bat44 will become.

3 minutes ago, HelpmeJohnny said:

Who knows, maybe you'll hate what Bat44 will become.

Hate it ? No. I don't think so. Perhaps, disapointed, that is possible. Who knows now ?
We all have one day bought something with big hope and finnaly, it makes "pshitt". There is always a risk. If it is the case, well i move on other game. It won't be the end of the world.

33 minutes ago, HelpmeJohnny said:

What if Bulkhead studio found out Days of War was in development and was about to announce a kickstarter campaign? So they decided to release a quick prototype to get ahead of DrivenArts campaign?

Nobody knows, mate, nobody. ;)
But facts are facts. BI came first, we can't change it.
French expression says (i transalte it words by words) : "With "if" we could put PARIS in a bottle." Similar UK expression is (if i m right)  : "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

36 minutes ago, HelpmeJohnny said:

so I think plagiarism is a very harsh word

but you seems ok with "opportunism" word. :D (joking)

55 minutes ago, HelpmeJohnny said:

i have no clue which game will be better in the end, both may fail terribly or succeed.

To finish on positive and fair note. I m agree with you. ;) (i never said Bat44 will be better than DoW).

Future is the Future, i haven't crystal ball. :P

Bit my toungue on this for a while.  But as a Alpha tester in DOW since April and at least 50 something chats with the developers and daily activity in Discord I have never ONCE heard a DOW dev trash talk or even mention BATT44.  When specifically asked they will simply say they are two different games.  Do they ever meet and try to have a counter strategy to BULKHEAD?  I am sure they do.  Probably because you see that AMAZING $25 price tag they have announced.  But did this rivalry start with them because they posted a Kickstarter soon after but had more material?  If you can't tell by now the DOW team is horrible at PR.  They spend all their resources in game.  Jesus just look at their website a 12 year old could make.

On the other side, DOW is bashed constantly by BATT44 devs and makes you really wonder about the circumstances on how and why they hit kickstarter first.  I do seriously question that now because of this attitude and fixation they seem to have with DOW.  

I truly hope BATT44 succeeds and more importantly is different than DOW to give players who play both different experiences.  I love BATT44s marketing and ideas for the community.  It has all the right plans and if they do these things they should do very well.  DOW has set a high bar for them and has spoiled our expectations on how far a game can transform from when we saw it at the very first time to just 7 months down the road.  This should DRIVE BULKHEAD, not make them attack their competitor.  And with no new content shown on BAT44, I don't think I need to spell this out.  

I am eagerly waiting to see how far they have come because for $65, I'll gladly overpay to help them out if they prove to not have squandered the 300,000 they have already gotten.  Keep in mind DOW only had 68,000.  Expectations will be very high if that is what 68,000 can do.

Ugh, the Mp44 looks way too thing :P We'll see what comes out of Days of War

To end all discussion about which game will be better..

Even though DoW 'transformed' in 7 months to what it is now, to me it still looks worse than pre-alpha Battalion footage.....

I surely hope for them and their fans that they will massively increase the weapon models because right now it looks just awful to say the least. Then again, that game will sell for 25 bucks and probably will be on promotion sale too as soon as it hits Steam and this one (most likely and hopefully) wont.

Image what type of players that game will attract. It will be swarmed with cheaters in no time and the few die hard players will eventually come over to here ;) 

Hi Switz bro, good to see you here ;).

On 11/12/2016 at 2:03 PM, Switz said:

.....they are two different games.

Yep, that's the best way to look at it. It's like comparing "CoD2" and "Day of Defeat:Source", they have similarities, but are, in essence, two very different games.

25 minutes ago, y!NMastah said:

Even though DoW 'transformed' in 7 months to what it is now, to me it still looks worse than pre-alpha Battalion footage.....

Image what type of players that game will attract (with a $25 price tag as opposed to a $65 tag). It will be swarmed with cheaters in no time and the few die hard players will eventually come over to here ;) 

Well one thing you ended in this discussion....your credit when trying to compare these two games as being seriously skewed and full of favoritism.   

Footage comparison
Is there some sort of footage only current backers could see because although it is very impressive and looked a bit better when comparing initial Kickstarter videos, there is no way the vast majority out there could claim that BAT44's KS showcase trumps current DOW store page.  

Cheating comment
Does COD literally EVER go on sale?  Yet is a hacker paradise.  Every single title no matter the age.  And that is a mainstream title.  Plus both companies (DOW and BH) are looking at the same anti-cheat.  Unless news of that being changed from BH was announced or leaked in the past month, then yes, they are both talking to the same group.  Hopefully IF it does not work in DOW then BH will choose someone else if they are still both on target to use the same one.  

Like I said I am not here to attack BAT44.  Once I see more material and if they are showing to be on the same work pace as DOW who only had 1/5th of the same budget to work with, I will gladly support/play this game too.  I am here because I could not bite my tongue anymore on some of the unfair and sometimes totally made up lies about DoW that it hit Kickstarter simply to attack/mooch off of BAT44.  

Edited by Switz

4 minutes ago, Switz said:

Plus both companies (DOW and BH) are looking at the same anti-cheat.

As you know, Switz, we've been playing a lot of, "Day of Infamy", recently. They've decided on using "BattlEye" anti-cheat. However, I've no idea which one would be best to use for either game. Hopefully, in both instances, it'll be the best and most effective one ;).

BattlEye Anti-Cheat

One of these days "maybe" wolf lol.  DoI has a lot of charm and is exactly the type of game and style of game that I am used to coming out of Source based games.  Only problem is, my Realism Unit is very small and unheard heard of due to coming from a tiny sourcemod called WW1 Source.  A lot of my free time out of game is spent on getting our name out as a hopefully serious realism unit for the growing DoW population in hopes that we gain more attraction against units who are coming from large titles and already have familiarity and recognition with many players.   We have some very strong allies though and have a collaboration with another unit who will probably end up being the largest in Days of War so we are in great shape moving forward.  If and when we get to the point I can ever take my foot off the pedal I will gladly pay a visit to WEB in DoI! 

If not, then looks like we will be seeing eachother a lot in BAT44 if all goes to plan and expectations.  

17 hours ago, Switz said:

Well one thing you ended in this discussion....your credit when trying to compare these two games as being seriously skewed and full of favoritism.   

Footage comparison
Is there some sort of footage only current backers could see because although it is very impressive and looked a bit better when comparing initial Kickstarter videos, there is no way the vast majority out there could claim that BAT44's KS showcase trumps current DOW store page.  

Cheating comment
Does COD literally EVER go on sale?  Yet is a hacker paradise.  Every single title no matter the age.  And that is a mainstream title.  Plus both companies (DOW and BH) are looking at the same anti-cheat.  Unless news of that being changed from BH was announced or leaked in the past month, then yes, they are both talking to the same group.  Hopefully IF it does not work in DOW then BH will choose someone else if they are still both on target to use the same one.  

Like I said I am not here to attack BAT44.  Once I see more material and if they are showing to be on the same work pace as DOW who only had 1/5th of the same budget to work with, I will gladly support/play this game too.  I am here because I could not bite my tongue anymore on some of the unfair and sometimes totally made up lies about DoW that it hit Kickstarter simply to attack/mooch off of BAT44.  

Everything you say is reasonable, except I have to clarify one thing. Let's not confuse the total budget with how much was raised on Kickstarter. DoW is not working with just $68k, that's simply what they raised on Kickstarter.