Sign in to follow this  
gonwi

Character movements

I've been  playing all sorts of fps games over the years and I got to admit cod2 had the best lean system I ever encountered overall. It would be awesome if Battalion had something similar to that.

• Upvote 1

Leaning is for sure a must while using rifles or snipers (imo). Anyways it just adds more diversity and it all depends on your own playstyle. I understand tho the fact that people would be mad about campers & glittching...idk about that... People would have the choice to use it or not but it sure brings something really interesting for a slower paced FPS.

Edited by RedBone
  • Upvote 1

In Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Return to Castle Wolfenstein the players can lean in order to look around corners, but they can't shoot. With this idea you get the "best of both worlds" with this particular mechanic. The player can spy, undetected, on enemy positions, but he can't camp and shoot the enemy, while remaining unseen, from every corner on a map ;).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

whilst leaning may slow down the rate of play it is essential for anyone wanting some realism, in real war you would not just walk or run round a corner in ET without looking first.

perhaps a switch-able anti-camping method like was used in the totalwar mod for cod where players were penalised in one of several methods if they didn't move for so long.

Edited by maddog-b

Lean AND be able to fire around corners is a must. 

Why on earth would anyone get mad on someone who uses this feature to his or hers benefit? That surely must be a new generation of gamers since 'back in the days', that is the era that BH wanting to return to with their game (as far as i understood their mission correctly)  it was a core feature and basic skill to peak around corners and out skill your enemy around it with fast firing. Especially scope v.s. scope battles were so interesting by doing so!

People complaining about features like these simply got owned to many times ;) 

1 hour ago, y!NMastah said:

People complaining about features like these simply got owned to many times

That's a ridiculous and insulting comment. I showed clearly in my post as to why my version, the sensible and balanced version of this in-game mechanic, is the best way ahead. Just because you claim that your version was a "core feature" in previous FPS games, which campers and k/d-only focussed types to exploit to the hilt, doesn't make it the correct type of feature to use in BAT44.

I think leaning and being able to shoot is something that should be in. Leaning only being able to view things and not shoot sounds like it would be a bad idea (no offence), I don't think it'll go down well for the type of style Bulkhead are going for.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 8/26/2016 at 8:27 PM, Wolf Enstein said:

In Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Return to Castle Wolfenstein the players can lean in order to look around corners, but they can't shoot. With this idea you get the "best of both worlds" with this particular mechanic. The player can spy, undetected, on enemy positions, but he can't camp and shoot the enemy, while remaining unseen, from every corner on a map ;).

I'm fairly sure in any game I've played with a lean feature, CoD1/2/4/WaW, you are visible and can be killed when leaning. In those games, it was the primary aim battle, custom maps like mp_wawa were created so people could 1v1 and replicate in game battles.

That's a ridiculous and insulting comment. I showed clearly in my post as to why my version, the sensible and balanced version of this in-game mechanic, is the best way ahead. Just because you claim that your version was a "core feature" in previous FPS games, which campers and k/d-only focussed types to exploit to the hilt, doesn't make it the correct type of feature to use in BAT44.

Being able to lean and shoot is not unbalanced, leaning in CoD was never a balance issue. It was also not about camping. It was the primary method of engagement, used for clearing a site and clearing angles.

The video below goes over clearing angles in CS, this was the same method in CoD. And same for the defenders, holding angles. Often holding a crossfire so it would be suicidal to show your whole body.

Edited by jcuz

20 hours ago, Wolf Enstein said:

Wow hold your horses there matey. Wasn't insulting nor going personal on anyone in here. Besides, i wasn't even responding to your post but a remark in RedBone's comment that people in "general" could get mad about the leaning thing. As we all know in general players who complain about a feature are mostly the ones that do not master it (thus get beaten (if this suits ya better than the word 'owning' which is just gaming slang language) by players that do.

18 hours ago, Farq-S said:

dial back a bit Wolf. i think NMastah is just teasing.

Also, yes i said it with a wink.

Side note: Seriously try to get off the WS:ET high horse a bit more often sometimes (since this game was waaay less popular than any MoH or COD thus focus of B1944 should also be more in this direction ;)) Again, watch the wink mate. Peace out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1