AnorexicBuddha

Waffen SS dedicated thread :)

skitelo    52
3 hours ago, FRANZEL said:

Sometimes when I see comments , It looks like They fought for nothing ! No respect for them

I don't get your point. What was that noble cause they were fighting for then?

Guys, just chill. It's a competitive game with team A fighting against team B. They could be called 'Orange team' and 'Blue team' as well but we have Germans vs Americans and that's enough. Who needs SS and their uniforms? Who cares if the game is 100% history-true? 'My grandpa was in SS and he was a good guy' is not an argument ...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, vozER said:

I honestly don't get it why it is SO important for people to get to play SS 

Me neither. Especially considering this is a competive shooter with historical accuracy not being the developers priority.

• Upvote 2

He is the one who set the west wall and would have been successful if it weren't for Hitler taking everything into his own hands, thankfully that is what happened otherwise the war may have ended differently.

D-Day succeeded because the Allies had the commander of the Panzer reserve forces in Normandy (Spiedel) on their payroll, and told him to deliberately hold them back.  Had it been a different general it would've been a bloodbath and a failure.

FRANZEL    2
14 hours ago, skitelo said:

I don't get your point. What was that noble cause they were fighting for then?

Guys, just chill. It's a competitive game with team A fighting against team B. They could be called 'Orange team' and 'Blue team' as well but we have Germans vs Americans and that's enough. Who needs SS and their uniforms? Who cares if the game is 100% history-true? 'My grandpa was in SS and he was a good guy' is not an argument ...

Yes obviously you are right it's a game not the 100% true story , I just reacted to some comment who disrespect the SS ,   " I speak for Incorpored not for voluntary of course..." 

And for answer your question   "What was that noble cause they were fighting for then?"

I answer simply ,  Save their buttocks and for their families will not be massacred

6 hours ago, vozER said:

I honestly don't get it why it is SO important for people to get to play SS 

It's not important , But just a touch of reality for people who appreciate immersion the most real ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

xXclusiivE    3
3 hours ago, ClintBeastwood said:

D-Day succeeded because the Allies had the commander of the Panzer reserve forces in Normandy (Spiedel) on their payroll, and told him to deliberately hold them back.  Had it been a different general it would've been a bloodbath and a failure.

What?! hahaha!

But no those reserve forces could not move without Hitler's permission and during the time of the invasion he was asleep and awkwardly enough his staff were too scared to wake him to let him know the news of the attack. Even when they did tell him he thought it was just a diversion and told them that primary target had to be the Pas-de-Calais.

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 1

Spiedel didn't need Hitler's permission.  That's not how the German command structure worked and the fact that German generals had relative autonomy is one of the reasons they lasted so long on the eastern front and one of the reasons Rommel was so hard to pin down in Africa.  By comparison, the rigid Soviet structure cost them dearly in manpower and cost the Iraqis two wars.

The 'Hitler slept in' story is a myth.

Edited by ClintBeastwood

Oldboy    73

Americans didn't fight against the waffen SS in the early days of Normandy, it was the British and Canadians that saw action most of the action against them in the East of Normandy.

If the devs are still planning on doing Battle of the Bulge maps then you could include them.

Edited by Oldboy

xXclusiivE    3
6 hours ago, ClintBeastwood said:

Spiedel didn't need Hitler's permission.  That's not how the German command structure worked and the fact that German generals had relative autonomy is one of the reasons they lasted so long on the eastern front and one of the reasons Rommel was so hard to pin down in Africa.  By comparison, the rigid Soviet structure cost them dearly in manpower and cost the Iraqis two wars.

The 'Hitler slept in' story is a myth.

Any proof of this not being true or any other reason? I'm a huge WWII nut so I am interested in reading more on this.

DukeNukem    187
18 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Any proof of this not being true or any other reason? I'm a huge WWII nut so I am interested in reading more on this.

i second this, id like to know because i read that by the end of the war hitler got barely any sleep and when he did he wasn't disturbed what so ever. Hitler became form supreme political commander to general to commander of the airforce to the army nd etc. He is the one that lost nazi germany the war. Otherwise Moscow would have been captured along as the oil fields in the middle east