RipShaDe41

Health System: Blood Bag

I think having a health system that would allow you to survive situations where u were shot a couple times but you managed to get away but your health depletes unless you get healed or something.

I just think it would be fascinating to have a ww2 shooter with a system like this. They could even have blood trails if your bleeding. Also they could make it to where a certain percentage or your health depletes based on your speed and time. So obviously if your running then you would lose more blood.

This is just a cool idea and the icon could be a literal blood bag.

I don't like the idea of blood bags and especially blood trails being implemented into a game that want's to be competitive.

However I do think there needs to be a fine balance between "realism" and "arcade" game mechanics.

What about bandages or morphine?

Could be good.

Yep, definite possibilities there, Connor.

Has there ever been a mainstream game where getting hit might not kill you, but you were on a downward path afterwards?

Dare I say it? Wolfenstein Enemy Territory :) . You can take several hits, but you have no auto-health regen, only medics have that. You can still compete, but you better find a medic fast in order to survive.

Yeah i think bloody foot steps or a blood trail would be sweet obviously it wouldnt be s straight line to where the hurt player is but maybe every like 10 feet there is a small pool of blood or a a bloody foot print.

I like the idea of bandages and morphine also. But i think medics should be very useful and maybe with the map thread idea i posted that they can see hurt team members on their cloth map and they can see team mates health so they know when to health them or maybe there could be visual queues like when your hurt your outfit gets blood so the medic will know that your hurt and when your healed your have no blood on you.

No, I mean once you're shot, you keep losing health. Very fast if shot in the torso, slowly if say the thigh or arm.

Oh I see, Will, you mean continuous health degeneration when wounded? Another nice idea to consider, that's for sure.

There could be a mode perhaps with roles like medics, but I think from a competative stance it would be weird.

I sort of like the idea of blood trails, like if you get shot and stay still, then your boots get bloody and then dissipate as you move more. It could remove the need for a minimap.

Oooh, I like it, a bleed out mechanic, perhaps each player can carry a couple of bandages to stop the bleeding the first couple of times, but must find a medic to actually heal-up and perhaps replenish their bandage stock.

If you throw a medic in the game what usually happens is that all the possible tactics get thrown away except to leverage the medic to over run the other team. It gets incredibly old very quickly.

Post subject: Re: Health System: Blood Bag

If you throw a medic in the game what usually happens is that all the possible tactics get thrown away except to leverage the medic to over run the other team. It gets incredibly old very quickly.

I 100% agree, adding a media or any sort of bleeding out system would be a huge mistake, remember they're aiming for a competitive game and I'm guessing tactics and starts for each map as a must as l3ushwacker Medics / healing throw that out of the window imo.

Why do you need a medic? Can't we just have a classic FPS shooter as it was in the old cod and most older games? If we have 5v5 and no respawn then it becomes very irritant if it is with medics.

On maps that are larger (16v16 32v32) I can understand why there are medics, but this is a smaller map game. How fun is it to play 5v5 and then it sits a medic behind the whole team and heals them all the time.

I think it should be like in the first few COD games or CS, no need for a medic. I'm okay with health packs lying scattered or dropped from enemies/friends if they die, but not a player who gives it out.

I understand that we all have different opinions about things and I understand that you think it's fun to build a good team with classes, but if the game is just about building a team and clans, the average player disappear very fast.

I know that most people here in the forum are old hardcore players from other games, but think of all those who do not want to sit with a group on ts, those who just want to play a simple game and have fun.

keep the game fun and simple.

i also think the old system used in MOH:AA and COD 1 was good kill a enemy and you get a Med Kit if not than not. nothing about reg or some other stuff

i also think the old system used in MOH:AA and COD 1 was good kill a enemy and you get a Med Kit if not than not. nothing about reg or some other stuff

Exactly my feeling. They are wanting to make a spiritual successor to those games. The "drop a health pack when killed" worked great in MOHAA and COD1/UO. It was great because it rewarded you for a kill but they didn´t go overboard by making it 100% health regeneration. I think it gave you a max regeneration of 50 if I´m not mistaken. But you had to snatch it up before someone else picked it up before you. Making it a reward that you had to work even harder for. That was much better than the later games where all you had to do is hide behind something for a few seconds and you were completely healed for evading the battle instead of engaging the enemy.

Healthpacks being dropped from fallen soldiers just seems like more of a challenge to me and a better idea. The healthpacks were only like 50% and it slowly rose until it reached that 50%. If you were shot while you were healing it would deduct that amount out of it while it was charging up. That´s a much better idea than just hiding for a few seconds and being instantly healed like you were Wolverine.

I wish I had come up with that idea but that was the system used in MOHAA and COD1/UO. From COD2 on is when they started to implement the "I´m Wolverine from X-Men and I can magically heal myself as long as I go hide for a few seconds". Healthpacks reward kills and allow you to possibly stay in the battle longer. I personally hate in the newer COD games that I can shoot someone until they are almost dead and they go hide and instantly heal and now I have to waste more bullets trying to get them back down to zero all again.

i like the idea of bleeding out and needing morphine/bandages to regen health but if the game is based on close-quarters infantry combat such a mechanic would hinder the fluidity of the game. i would suggest, (a) soldier takes damage (b) soldier bleeds out until a percentage (say 30%) of health remains. the player could then have a decision to make. Either; © allow a very slow auto regen to kick in. or; (d) initiate a 2 second bandaging/morphine animation that restores the soldier's health to 100%. this mechanic has a number of advantages; (1) it gives a degree of decision/control to the player in the heat of battle. (2) a medic class soldier would still have a viable role to play in the gap between auto health regen and morphine/bandages regen. (3) the morphine/bandage regen could be introduced in hardcore mode but limited to say 3 uses per life. it could add a new dynamic to gameplay without affecting the fluidity.

would be great to have the health system, just as overwatch has...you kow? in certain zones of the map you can find safe zone or med packs for regen yourself.

auto regen, as gears of war, halo or the classic WW2 shooters is good too.