[DEV] KingHoward

Welcome to the brand new Battalion 1944 forums!

Hey all and welcome to the brand new Battalion 1944 forums!

We've launched them a little early to test for issues and make sure everything's running smoothly before the website launches. I hope you find all of the new features and the new layout to be a much needed and generally better user experience than our previous forums. The new website and Paypal store will be following in the next few days.

First of all, I want to thank the community moderators and members who have helped us keep the forums clean during the transition period over the past few months. It absolutely hasn't gone unnoticed, so from the Bulkhead team: Thankyou. From now on we're expecting minimal to zero issues with spam bots. We're looking forward to getting back to what this forum is most useful for: your design ideas and feedback for Battalion 1944.

We've added a new modding section ready for when the mapping/modding support becomes available. We know some of you have already began experimenting with Unreal Engine 4 and it'd be great to see some of your early ideas for the game shared in that section of the forum.

We have our next livestream this Friday with a small weapons teaser to show you the level of quality we're working with right now in terms of the entirety of Battalion 1944's visuals and design. You can hear more about the stream right here:

For now I hope you enjoy the new forums and please let us now of any teething issues!

Thanks,

KingHoward

• Upvote 2

BlueSmiley    65

Thank God... The spambots..they're gone! Hallelujah! :lol:

Deleting all those spamposts took so much time. I'm glad they're outta here. The new forum looks great! I'm curious to see the new website! Are you guys going to contact any game sites because of the Paypal store, etc? I'll send an email to the admin of 4gamers.be this friday. You guys deserve the attention.

GL with the new boardz!

Edited by BlueSmiley
  • Upvote 2

Thank you all!

And be ready, I think that the first day on this new forum will be full of ideas/opinions/,....

Until the alpha we can help you only in this way :lol:

Edit: and yes! IPB is a really good choice!

Edited by [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BlueSmiley said:

Thank God... The spambots..they're gone! Hallelujah! :lol:

Deleting all those spamposts took so much time. I'm glad they're outta here. The new forum looks great! I'm curious to see the new website! Are you guys going to contact any game sites because of the Paypal store, etc? I'll send an email to the admin of 4gamers.be this friday. You guys deserve the attention.

GL with the new boardz!

We've contacted a bunch of youtubers and press about the new teaser, it's not a massive release so don't over hype BUT it's got some really cool news about one of Battalion 1944's subtle design mechanics. More info Friday ;)

Just now, Soldat Ryan said:

Just a thought to all spams that try today to login ! default_mdr.gif

Amen ^

• Upvote 1

Mithiriath    1

Hey, good work ! :)

You should put block on the IPB forum to show "topic feed" or "post feed", a block with Discord, Facebook, KickStarter, Reddit, Twitch, Twitter and YouTube icons that links to the channel/page and a block with a countdown until the event (when you have plan and announce an event ofc) or the calendar block that lists the events plan on the calendar.

• Upvote 1

yiNMastah    104

Welcome back all!

Dear god, have to find my way through the settings first though. this black and white layout is hurting my eyes! ^^

EDIT:

Where is the display settings menu by the way? I may assume using this black/white display settings is not mandatory no? 

Edited by y!NMastah

18 minutes ago, y!NMastah said:

Welcome back all!

Dear god, have to find my way through the settings first though. this black and white layout is hurting my eyes! ^^

EDIT:

Where is the display settings menu by the way? I may assume using this black/white display settings is not mandatory no? 

Actually is the only skin present here, but you can give your support on this discussion to ask a darker skin