vozER

Old-school competitive CoD-player introducing

Hello.

This game made me more excited than many others. Mainly because it's everything I've wanted for many years. Recoil, skill based shooting, not too big maps... just everything seems to fit with what I want.

Anyway. I started playing FPS-games since the release of vCoD (2003). I played it really competitively. Same thing went with CoD2. I played it for almost 10 years, then stopped when I noticed the scene was slowly dying. Nowadays, it has made a small comeback though.

I've tried many others FPS-games such as Medal of Honors, Red Orchestra, CS:Source, CS:GO just to name a few. Nothing felt as good as CoD1 and CoD2, ever. Then I kind of gave up and started to play this MOBA you've probably heard of: League of Legends. I've been playing it since 2010 I think. I'm surfing around in Platinum.

Three days ago I saw a good old-school friend suddenly streaming CoD2 on twitch. Watching the game made me realize that FPS-games is really the thing for me. I started playing CoD2 again and it feels really, really good. All the old mates are there. I know quite a lot of CoD2-people and quite many seems to remember me as well. Something really different than the LoL-scene I've experienced. One reason definitely is that CoD2-scene is a lot smaller, so almost everyone knows each other.

Anyway, I couldn't be more excited about Battalion 1944. I try to be really active in the forums and give my point of view on things and development.

Thanks for listening, hopefully I'm going to see you on the battlefields of Battallion some day.

-vozER

EDIT: language

Edited by Guest
  • Downvote 1

Anyway, I couldn't be more excited about Battalion 1944. I'm try to be really active in the forums and give my point of view on things and development.

Thanks for listening, hopefully I'm going to see you on the battlefields of Battallion some day.

-vozER

Your'e not alone :)

Welcome and hope to see you trough a scope next year ;)

Welcome.

Ex COD2 addict here as well..

Man i miss the good old Clanbase days... Arranging wars through ICQ, the 'rupping' and eventually the tension you felt when playing against good opponents and using tight communication through Vent or TS.

Forgetting about the world around you just gazing at that 17" (24 now) monitor ^^

Welcome.

Ex COD2 addict here as well..

Man i miss the good old Clanbase days... Arranging wars through ICQ, the 'rupping' and eventually the tension you felt when playing against good opponents and using tight communication through Vent or TS.

Forgetting about the world around you just gazing at that 17" (24 now) monitor ^^

This exactly. Nowadays it even has more advanded PAM-mode (through http://eu.cybergamer.com/).

The game itself is really intense and you need to know what you're doing. Small mistake can lose a whole round - even the game. Your team mates tend to find new strategies and inspect what kind of strats other teams are using.

Winning through a round 2v5 with a good friend is a really good feeling ^^

Hey dude, welcome! (Although I've seen you around on teh forumz already!)

Cool to see another competitive player checking out on Battalion. The developers definitely need the opinion of those type of haxx0rs like yourself!

I've been a Counter-Strike player my whole life since the release 1.6, but i'm more in to Call of Duty 2 the last couple of years (Mostly because I've got tired of CS (and definitely of that lame ass, broke ass, easy as poop Global Offensive)). I guess I was waiting for the exact same game as you the last few years. I can't really give the developers any feedback (in the direction of Call of Duty) since I have never played CoD2 in the competitive scene (I'm an ultran00b at it anyway), but i'm speaking up as soon as something pops up what I understand that needs to be adressed in teh leet game. I can't wait for your feedback, sir. I'm sure you'll be able to push the overall competitive ideas in the right direction.

See you around, dude. Spread the love for Battalion with your friends, neighbours and family. Try to convince the animals at your local zoo to back the game via Paypal and keep up the decent posts. HF&GG? Yeah, HF & GG!

BlueSmiley said:
Hey dude, welcome! (Although I've seen you around on teh forumz already!)

Cool to see another competitive player checking out on Battalion. The developers definitely need the opinion of those type of haxx0rs like yourself!

I've been a Counter-Strike player my whole life since the release 1.6, but i'm more in to Call of Duty 2 the last couple of years (Mostly because I've got tired of CS (and definitely of that lame ass, broke ass, easy as poop Global Offensive)). I guess I was waiting for the exact same game as you the last few years. I can't really give the developers any feedback (in the direction of Call of Duty) since I have never played CoD2 in the competitive scene (I'm an ultran00b at it anyway), but i'm speaking up as soon as something pops up what I understand that needs to be adressed in teh leet game. I can't wait for your feedback, sir. I'm sure you'll be able to push the overall competitive ideas in the right direction.

See you around, dude. Spread the love for Battalion with your friends, neighbours and family. Try to convince the animals at your local zoo to back the game via Paypal and keep up the decent posts. HF&GG? Yeah, HF & GG!

Thanks buddy, appreciate it!

I like CS too, but the lack of ironsight, leaning and proning just isn't for me ^^

I will try my best, good sir. :)

Dogster said:
Just wanted to extend a very warm welcome to voZER hope you enjoy your stay and keep posting... :D

Thank you sir, appreciate it!

Freakshow said:
Welcome mate, even if you do play the wrong MOBA, Dota 2 all the way! :mrgreen: Just messing ofc :P

I have played both Dota1 and Dota2, and of course LoL.

Dota has the thing that drove me away from CS too, it feels too clunky for me ^^

It's still a good game though, I just prefer LoL more :)

Good to see you here and active on the forums too, vozER. Welcome to the Bat44 website ;) .

Thank you Wolf Enstein! :)

no way :) wt's up Vozer, it's good to hear that you r still cod2 active player...last month i started thinking about organizing cod2 lan again, same as last time in prague..but i prefer not to think about prague district gaming venue, because they still owe me money for 3rd place we won, eh..no comment...but anyway i was wondering if i find someone from old good cod/cod2 times..

nice to hear you here mate

i will install cod again and find You :)

cheers

On 14/04/2016 at 6:35 PM, vozER said:

Hello.

This game made me more excited than many others. Mainly because it's everything I've wanted for many years. Recoil, skill based shooting, not too big maps... just everything seems to fit with what I want.

Anyway. I started playing FPS-games since the release of vCoD (2003). I played it really competitively. Same thing went with CoD2. I played it for almost 10 years, then stopped when I noticed the scene was slowly dying. Nowadays, it has made a small comeback though.

I've tried many others FPS-games such as Medal of Honors, Red Orchestra, CS:Source, CS:GO just to name a few. Nothing felt as good as CoD1 and CoD2, ever. Then I kind of gave up and started to play this MOBA you've probably heard of: League of Legends. I've been playing it since 2010 I think. I'm surfing around in Platinum.

Three days ago I saw a good old-school friend suddenly streaming CoD2 on twitch. Watching the game made me realize that FPS-games is really the thing for me. I started playing CoD2 again and it feels really, really good. All the old mates are there. I know quite a lot of CoD2-people and quite many seems to remember me as well. Something really different than the LoL-scene I've experienced. One reason definitely is that CoD2-scene is a lot smaller, so almost everyone knows each other.

Anyway, I couldn't be more excited about Battalion 1944. I try to be really active in the forums and give my point of view on things and development.

-vozER

EDIT: language

Welcome Legend :D

COD for Days hahaah love it!

• Upvote 1