Sign in to follow this  
kinda

Bulkhead Interactive Update

Well, what's more to say?

Definitely uninstalling this game now, was only waiting for MU3 but now that's not happening there really is no point.

Good bye Bulkhead and Battalion.

• Upvote 1

Maybe i'm strange but.. This sounds good to me..

I'm a bit sick of all the negative after every update.. I would rather see the big splash coming in after a time of silence..

I hope it will be like a "new start".. But don't get me wrong, I'm highly in love with this game so far (except the current player count)..

So hopefully this "new start" will attract the right people and will please them.. Everything for a higher player count.

But... we really need a launch without problems by then.. really

So I can find myself in this part:

"This overhaul requires work - but more importantly, a healthy playerbase to enjoy the new game. It's important for Battalion 1944 to make a big splash at full release, and recapture the hearts and minds of players who fell in love with the concept earlier this year - as well as finding new players who were reluctant to join the fight back then because of the tech issues around the Early Access launch."

Oh sht this tease really got me:

"We hope you’ll support us in this journey going forwards through to full release, as we’ll be preparing our Mosin-Nagants ready for action on the servers next year...

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WeAsOne said:

So hopefully this "new start" will attract the right people and will please them.. Everything for a higher player count.

That's a bit of an insult tbh. What's wrong with the other current people?

I had 2.5 games the other night, the .5 was when i got the "lost connection to host" error message so i didn't try playing again. Point i am trying to make here is, how can you get excited about a game in this state and a Dev team who keep moving the goal post's at every opportunity.

These guys have never stuck to anything they have said or promised so if they think im waiting until Feb 2019 for a patch then i'm out.

GL with the player count, it will only get worse between now and 2019 LOL

Well personally I'm bored of waiting so much (I like the game but I don't want to grind it in its current state).

But I think it's the thing they have to do because:

1) They lose so much time fixing bugs foreach update - for a small studio it's important.

2) After all the negativity since Early Access launch, I think they need to make a big splash to get players back and to welcome new ones. And that can be only done with many new features, changes etc

So yeah I agree with WeAsOne

They tweeted about a russian map being developed, this hypes me so much

Let's just hope for the best...

Edited by kinda
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Excel said:

Hope you understand I mean the negative people (and they do not play the game, they are haters)

I love everyone playing!!!

But it really hurts to see you say they never stuck to anything they have said or promised.. You have the right to feel that way but they are so honest and imo are just doing what they have promised that it just hurts..

Why is gaming world (or internet) so harsh these days..?

Edited by WeAsOne

1 hour ago, WeAsOne said:
15 hours ago, Excel said:

Hope you understand I mean the negative people (and they do not play the game, they are haters)

I love everyone playing!!!

But it really hurts to see you say they never stuck to anything they have said or promised.. You have the right to feel that way but they are so honest and imo are just doing what they have promised that it just hurts..

Why is gaming world (or internet) so harsh these days..?

I'm not a hater and i generally agree with what you say and maybe i was a bit quick to read in to what you said but i felt a bit cheated as i was looking forward to MU3 but when i read it wasn't to be i just thought f**k it.

I just wish i could share your enthusiasm and trust me i have tried but no matter what Bulkhead say they always change it somewhere down the line.

Part of me see's what they are trying to do but the other part of me can't help but think they have used everyone's trust and money to build a business for their own gains just to leave their loyal supporters behind but that's just my personal feeling and now i shall move on to another game and will not play Battalion just simply out of principle.

You have to ask yourself, how many others are thinking the same thing? Maybe it's not just about the game, maybe it's the way Bulkhead conduct themselves as a company which hit's a nerve with people who knows.

And yes people can be harsh on the internet but that's what happens when you make promise's to thousand's but then cut them off and deal with discord members members only. Think how many formats have BH stopped using..... anyway, i hope your enthusiasm carries you and the 20 other players through to Feb 2019 because by then BH will have another EA game for release and Battalion will just be "the project"

GL mate.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I didn't see this coming and somehow suspected Bulkhead might be considering to be more open again, rather than going the exact opposite direction. With Square Enix aboard they aren't all that independent in decision making anymore, I guess.

I share Excel's frustration to some extend, as indeed they envisioned an active involvement of the community and had high emphasis on transparency about development and even the business part of things. Now this is yet another shift to be added to the list and I also don't see myself playing the game in its current state anymore, as I was really hoping for at least some improvements, like lobby for arcade match making, to carry us over to full release.

Sure, from a business point of view it makes perfect sense for Bulkhead shutting it down at this point for various reasons. Somehow, though, this happens to be the most disturbing thing about this decision on some other level for me personally. Anyway, I'll just wait for full release and draw my conclusions then.

Edited by RLpacifist
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

With Square Enix aboard they aren't all that independent in decision making anymore, I guess.

That must be true in a way, I hope it will be a good thing..

I don't think we will see "buy to win" things EVER in this game.. Actually i'm sure that will not be the case :)

And I also don't think they will make Battalion 2 a mobile game ?.. sry I needed to make the Blizzard joke

I think this is the best move BH could have made at the moment for many reasons.

If you haven't seen these clips, you should.  They really help define where BH is coming from, the real challenges they face, why they want to make this game and puts into perspective the recent move.

First, they define what early access meant to them.  I feel like a lot of people thought, like in many games, that early access was a pre-release of an almost finished product.  That was never BH's perspective.  They defined it as a true testing environment for feedback to continue development.  Secondly, as a small indie developer, they just didn't have the resources(people) or tools to "behave" like a large developer.  James Tatum, lead developer - Lead explaining concept of early access, challenges for indie developer

Lastly, the genesis to make the game comes from the passion of playing, not the motivation to just make money.   Sure, money helps keep it alive, but the passion to make a great game is the driving force.  Joe  - Origins of and for Battalion 1944 .

Without understanding the above, it's easy to become disappointed and overreach on expectations.  To me,  the overreach is clearly evident with what you read in almost all of the discussion boards.  The enthusiasm is relentlessly choked by haters and complainers.  If you were a developer looking for constructive feedback, the current boards would not be the place to find it.  Personally, all the negativity is exhausting.  I'm not saying it's all unfounded, but it is overkill.  At least most of Discord's  "discord"  is constructive or critically constructive which lends towards success and not riddled with hate and discontent which promotes failure.

Now that Square Enix is 20% of BH, decisions are influenced at a greater level with seasoned thinking.  SE brings more resources, equipment, knowledge and marketing skill to the table, which BH as an indie dev, just didn't have.  SE would not invest in BH if they believed for one second that BH and Battalion 1944 were pushing toward failure.  No one attaches their name, reputation or funds to something that is failing, especially an industry player that is knowledgeable about what is going on.

Sure, I wish BH continued down the path to MU3 and on.  I was so looking forward to it!  But I think the community kind of shot themselves in the foot.  They had a chance to be influential in a positive, constructive way.  I some cases they were and in some they kind of squandered it.  BH did the same thing in a lot of ways, especially in the beginning, and at least they admit it.  That's what happens when there is not a clear understanding of what is going on, on both sides of the fence.  Now that all of that is old news, it's time to look forward to the release of Battalion 1944 behind the support of Square Enix, which is a good move. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 509thTactical said:

Personally, all the negativity is exhausting.

I know... ?

But it can not fade away my love for this one :x

We will see.  People tend to lose interest in grumbling when they are not constantly prompted by the hive mentality to do so all the time.  Waiting for 3-4 months without having new updates or content to bellyache about may drive off the haters and discontents, which I think is part of the reason for the recent changes.

Edited by 509thTactical

40 minutes ago, 509thTactical said:

Waiting for 3-4 months without having new updates or content to bellyache about may drive off the haters and discontents, which I think is part of the reason for the recent changes.

Probably, but at the same time some people (like myself) will give up on the game just because 3 - 4 months to wait for an update is far too long.

I'm sure it will all come good in the end for the remainers :)

1 hour ago, Excel said:
2 hours ago, 509thTactical said:

Waiting for 3-4 months without having new updates or content to bellyache about may drive off the haters and discontents, which I think is part of the reason for the recent changes.

Probably, but at the same time some people (like myself) will give up on the game just because 3 - 4 months to wait for an update is far too long.

I'm sure it will all come good in the end for the remainers :)

If you are like me, I've waited a long time for a game like this to materialize.  I am not going to let 3 - 4 months stand in my way.  I really hope you don't either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeAsOne said:

Can I have your skins? ?

LOL, if i had any you could have them with pleasure :)

4 minutes ago, 509thTactical said:

If you are like me, I've waited a long time for a game like this to materialize.  I am not going to let 3 - 4 months stand in my way.  I really hope you don't either.

Mate, my hopes were so high for this game and that of my clan. This game was supposed to have got everyone together again, scrimming and leagues etc just like the good old days but for some reason this game just turned everyone in to something i just can't describe. In all the years i have played online games i have never had the misfortune to see such a huge divide in players and i blame BH for this. Why, you may ask...... well if BH made the game for the community first the game would have naturally evolve in to esports but because it was done backwards you got all the pro player wannabes because they could strafe and jump and shoot in mid air which made them feel 733t which in turn made these guys think they better than everyone else who didn't want strafe jumping, jump shot 360 midair head shots.

I may reinstall the game when it is released just to see how it all turned out but for now, for me personally, Battalion has been uninstalled but always will be remembered for the game it could have been and the game to have brought back together a world wide community again.

2 hours ago, Excel said:
2 hours ago, 509thTactical said:

Mate, my hopes were so high for this game and that of my clan. This game was supposed to have got everyone together again, scrimming and leagues etc just like the good old days but for some reason this game just turned everyone in to something i just can't describe. In all the years i have played online games i have never had the misfortune to see such a huge divide in players and i blame BH for this. Why, you may ask...... well if BH made the game for the community first the game would have naturally evolve in to esports but because it was done backwards you got all the pro player wannabes because they could strafe and jump and shoot in mid air which made them feel 733t which in turn made these guys think they better than everyone else who didn't want strafe jumping, jump shot 360 midair head shots.

I may reinstall the game when it is released just to see how it all turned out but for now, for me personally, Battalion has been uninstalled but always will be remembered for the game it could have been and the game to have brought back together a world wide community again.

I understand where you are coming from.  I wish they would have done things the "old school way", by addressing the community first and then let it evolve into esports.  I am not a strafe jumper, corner jumper or any of that flying monkey stuff and have a group that is looking forward to the scrims and clan wars too.  I just hope in the future you and yours are on the scrim list :)

the BH update all sounds in keeping with the roadmap they communicated shortly after EA released. but, i agree with some of what Excel said. when BH look back on the development of this game i hope they can see the single biggest mistake they made was the change in focus to Esports. whether this was their intention from the start or not, they captured all the old school gamers and then abandoned them. that one bad decision triggered a series of disasters that all came to a head at EA release which i still do not see BH recovering from but i still have a little hope they do.

I agree that they should have done things the other way around as well.  All we can really do now is play what we've got and wait... and hope for the best.  I personally believe they will make the right effort, especially with SquareEnix involved, to deliver a quality product that encapsulates all of the goodies we've wanted for so long.

Yea I also have high expectations on the collaboration of SE and BH.. should be best combo possible..

Really curious about the new map "Docks"

Edited by WeAsOne

Yea, I read on Bramms twitter he mentioned that.  I wish they would share more about it!  Can't wait to play it!  I wonder which game that map is modeled after?  I'm interested in finding out more about it too.