Sign in to follow this  
CRiSTiANO

Major Update 3

Their communication is still not on point  😂

Let's hope for the best...

Edited by kinda

We hope for the best.. 

But they are not influencing the player base on a regular basis.. from a player base of 15-16k degraded to 40-50 now.. there was around 1k player tried this game after MU2 but again developers didn't take any steps to boost the community.. that's sad.. 

We desperately want this game to be a perfect classic shooter esports game but currently I see no good signs. 

Well, he is clutching at straws with regards to the player base as it currently stands so i guess he is testing the waters whether to go back to how it was and take criticism or not communicate at all and lose the remaining players and the last ounce of interest this game has left.
I don't know tbh if their approach to be open created the anger in people making them argumentative or whether it was just Brammers arrogance but it has been quieter since they kept the doors closed and got on with things.
In the end all people want is what they were offered/promised which was a good smooth game to replace CoD2/CoD4 rather than a CS:GO looking game.
Does anyone know when MU3 is going to roll out?
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WeAsOne said:

MU3 is the "Winter Q4 Update" as far as I know..

I thought MU3 was Q3 on the roadmap because on Q4 it says "It's been a full year blah blah blah" so i assume Q4 will be end of January maybe but what i meant was does anyone know what date MU3 it is out?

They haven't even bothered to update the roadmap and leaving people hanging is not a way forward as they get bored and move on.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you Excel. 

They bother less about the community now. They were atleast communicating before MU2. It's depressing after playing this game over 180+ hours & now they all gone silent. MU3 is the last hope. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Excel said:

I thought MU3 was Q3 on the roadmap because on Q4 it says "It's been a full year blah blah blah" so i assume Q4 will be end of January maybe but what i meant was does anyone know what date MU3 it is out?

They haven't even bothered to update the roadmap and leaving people hanging is not a way forward as they get bored and move on.

Could be Q3.. yeah well then it should be here at least before 2019.. 

I actually have high expectations for full release.. mistakes are made but that does not change the final product.

The game (imo) plays really good already and with just more content and players we could have a blast on it.

The content needed is being made right now and the players needed should be brought by a decent marketing campaign (and that is planned)

With SquareEnix behind them it should be "easy" to reach.. but for independent developers its a lot harder in comparison to the large companies..

But they will get there.. 

Also worth adding is that they will create new FREE content while we play the game that has been released by then.. It's their passion (read baby) and will not abandon this one!

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1

The approach of staying quiet when there's nothing to say makes sense, to begin with. Especially when you want waters to calm down after a stormy EA release.

However, at this point it seems the complete silence starts to become rather adding to the negative look of the situation. Consider there's still quite a road ahead until we hit full release and the internet a) is impatient as fuck and b) needs to be 'teased' constantly in order to maintain interest in something.

As a starter it would be nice to have the Steam Announcements, which are always very well put together in my opinion, posted across all communication platforms (this forum, reddit, twitter), or at least link them there for convenient access. Additionally there could be some more in between posts, preferably when internal milestones are met, not necessarily on a regular schedule, which provide an idea where development stands and what might have changed from the current live build. Keeping things more one-way though, that is, not starting design discussions, but letting people (passively) be part of what's going on behind the doors.

I still believe there's no point in banging the big marketing drum before full release and the game being polished, leaving little to no issues for people to grow mad over. I'm afraid the bashing against the game on release day will be inevitably and the best way to come out clean is the majority concluding that the final product is good, so the trolls run dry on bystanders quickly and we can focus on actually playing the game and pushing things forward as a community. ;)

• Upvote 3