Farq-S

Update on progress please

i've really lost touch where things are with B44 mostly due to the shockingly bad, disjointed and inconsistent communication from Bulkhead. there is too much negative and sometimes toxic narrative surrounding the image of this game.

how does anyone expect players to come back or attract new players when most people barely even remember this game even exists. and, whatever they do see of this game on reddit, steam etc. is negative, negative, negative. yes its EA and in the testing phase but to get good feedback people need to be playing the game.

what happened to the competitive scene which was supposed to pull this game along? the b44.tv website is no more so what's the plan now?

Are Bulkhead spinning their wheels letting the game quietly fade away or do they still believe in this game? i honestly can't tell which.

• Upvote 3

I have to agree with your post Farq-S. It's as though Bulkhead are letting B44 fade away whilst BH have moved on to other things.

No idea what is happening but most people said it months ago, this game will be a fail but some disagreed which split the community immensely and Bulkhead chose to ignore the vast majority of people's concerns and question's unless they posted positive comments about the game and not to mention they abandoned this forum from what i believe is where it all started.

I hate to be negative but i have nothing but negativity for this amateurish team, they took the money and didn't deliver, even to the point of closing servers in certain areas leaving a potential amount of players with a crappy game experience. Who wants to play with a stupidly high ping, is that not a bad thing for the game?

Anyway, im fed up with Battalion and Bulkhead not being able to deliver what they promised, they are deluded enough to think people are going to wait around for a fully polished game when they can't even be bothered to keep in touch with their customers.

This forums activity reflects game activity and i will never ever buy a game from Bulkhead ever again, i almost feel mugged into thinking this dev team and game was going to bring communities, clan's and leagues back to life because what they promised is nothing like we are ever going to get.

I made a point to Joe Brammer on steam where he said "we are listening to the community and making the game blah blah blah" or something similar and asked him why BigTuna always post's "we are making the game we want" i asked which statement is correct and do they know what they are doing but i received no reply and yet Joe posted to other topics but ignored mine.

Arrogant and ignorant is not a way forward for anyone especially in business.

• Upvote 3

Next update is scheduled 13/09/2018  ( source ) ....but who cares ? 500/800 Esport gamers ? Where are the tens of thousands of players who believed/expected a lot in the game ?
I keep my server alive for now but for how long ?
I m not as rude as Excel, but for sure hype and faith are gone.

Edited by Soldat Ryan

@Soldat Ryan Sorry if you think having an opinion and being factual is rude but i'm not one to dress things up.

Black is black and white is white, i owe BH nothing so if they or any fan boys don't like my comment's it's because they don't like the truth, get all defensive and say it's being rude.

If you think that's rude you should see some of my other post's when im in a bad mood 😂

I turned my servers off 4 months ago, just wasn't worth having them running using resources better put elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

@Excel: You have your words to tell things, i have mine (which are limited in english). There are different ways to say that you like or dislike things.
I never said i was not agree with you.
We are on the same boat and I m also disappointed with how the game has become in regard of what they promised.
I m one of the first people who warn Devs loooooong time ago about their decisions to change the direction in the development of the game but excepting few poeple, no one listen to me.

Last thing, do not consider me as a fan boys, it hurts me !! 😆

Cheers 😉

• Upvote 2

Hey Soldat,

Sorry if you thought i was having a dig at you but i can assure i wasn't. I know you were one of many to stand up and tell the devs they were heading in the wrong direction so i know you personally are not a fan boy, that part wasn't directed at you and after reading your post i think you meant to use the word "abrupt" rather than "rude" so apologies for the misunderstanding.

This game and dev team get me so frustrated because a lot of clans, including my own had a lot of hope for this game and i even gave BH so many chances to come good but we get nothing but let down by these guys but we all know the story, it's been written so many times.

Thank's :)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Excel said:

i think you meant to use the word "abrupt" rather than "rude"

Yes, that's it.😉
My bad ! ☺️ The mistake is mine. (as i said my english is not perfect !! grrrr i hate my teacher today !! lool)

Don't be sorry, all is fine and i understand your frustration.
We just bet too much on Battalion1944.

Life goes on, it is just a game🙂

Between us, as nobody (except few people) is reading the forum anymore (even devs - picture below), if you don't do it yet, you should take a look at Post Scriptum. I wasn't really interested by the game at the begining because i didn't really liked Squad, but since i test it, more i play the game more i enjoy to play Post Scriptum.😎 Really interesting and a good surprise.

I m sad to say it but captains left the boat not surprising that people left the forum and the game too :

bat44.thumb.jpg.da84a47ff11ea24ec00627c548f692d3.jpg

Edited by Soldat Ryan
  • Upvote 1

well, judging from the comments in this thread it's pretty clear BH decided some time ago to reduce their efforts in working on B44 in the hope people would just forget about it and move on. 

if this is the case the reputation of BH and the devs will be forever in the toilet. maybe not within the industry but with the players unless they turn this mess around. BH ignored all the warnings from players early in development and like @Soldat Ryan said there were many people constructively questioning some of their decisions on the forums and in DMs but they chose not to listen. not just to the trollers but they stopped listening to everyone and here we are today.

look at this recent tweet. B44 isn't even on the list!

https://twitter.com/Brammertron/status/1037371971200344064

B44 failed not because it was a bad game but because BH stopped communicating, in a meaningful way, with its players. BH either ran out of money, lost their way, lost their nerve or all of the above. whatever the reasons its very disappointing to see. i'm not angry or bitter towards BH because, at the end of the day, its just a video game. but what i have learned from this experience is that 99% of devs are full of shit and you shouldn't believe a word they say or give them a penny of your money until they deliver. just like it is in any other walk of life. its as simple as that.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 3

Well, you can read what they are working on here and yes, that's pretty much about it at the moment.

However, nothing has changed really since two months ago. EA launch was quite a stunt and sure they are not going to let this happen again. Hence, no publicity before the game is ready. No time wasted on fooling around with social media. Focus set strictly on development. At least that's how I understand the situation. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't expect hearing much from BH until release day is closing in and frankly, I'm fine with that.

5 hours ago, Farq-S said:

B44 failed not because it was a bad game but because BH stopped communicating, in a meaningful way, with its players. BH either ran out of money, lost their way, lost their nerve or all of the above.

I don't think it's a money issue as they have now split the company Bulkhead Phoenix (UK) & Bulkhead Darkhorse (Munich) not sure when this other office opened before or after EA though.

I can see the companies figures have gone up in turnover and tbh i just don't know how you can fail at something, upset so many people and still make lots of profit LOL, the mind boggles.

Soldat, yes i looked at Post Scriptum but again EA game, mixed reviews but that was on the day, i will take another look at it, cheers mate.

Edited by Excel

3 hours ago, Excel said:

as they have now split the company Bulkhead Phoenix (UK) & Bulkhead Darkhorse (Munich)

Wow ! I didn't know this.
Make me thinking about a French Fable i learned at school about the Frog who want to be as big as an Ox. At the end of ht estory, the Frog is so big that it burts. 🙄
They want to go too faster and they are skipping steps, like they are doing on the development of the game when they want to introduce E-sport scene before to build a solid game with a solid community around it to keep the game alive.

14 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Wow ! I didn't know this.
Make me thinking about a French Fable i learned at school about the Frog who want to be as big as an Ox. At the end of ht estory, the Frog is so big that it burts. 🙄
They want to go too faster and they are skipping steps, like they are doing on the development of the game when they want to introduce E-sport scene before to build a solid game with a solid community around it to keep the game alive.

Yup thats exactly how they are going and well put tbh :)

I forgot to add the link https://www.bulkheadinteractive.com/

Click on Studio tab and you see they have two offices, the statement on the Munich one (Darkhorse) say's......

Our newest studio is based in Munich, Germany in the heart of Bavaria where we're working on a new and exciting first person shooter. If you're interested in action and fps games, visit our career section!

I do not know if they are referring to B44 as their new game or they are working on yet another new fps game but that explains why they are not putting 100% into the game they promised to make. They spend more time expanding and possibly working on another game and all from the backers and a discounted broken game to everyone else.

I know a couple of you have said "it's only a game" but think of the money they have taken from people to enable them to get to where they are today.

On another note, Battlefield 5 Beta is out and is pretty awesome if anyone wants to try it.

5 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

Well, you can read what they are working on here and yes, that's pretty much about it at the moment.

However, nothing has changed really since two months ago. EA launch was quite a stunt and sure they are not going to let this happen again. Hence, no publicity before the game is ready. No time wasted on fooling around with social media. Focus set strictly on development. At least that's how I understand the situation. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't expect hearing much from BH until release day is closing in and frankly, I'm fine with that.

The update 2.5 Developer review you linked is actually pretty significant if implemented and goes a long way to debunking my earlier rant which i'm pleased to be proved wrong. sadly, it looks like it's all coming too late to bring B44 back to life but maybe time will prove me wrong again.

it doesn't do anything to restore my faith that BH will turn this situation round because i think the future of B44 is now out of their hands unless all the other games like post-scriptum, hell let loose and insurgency sandstorm flop as well.

if i hadn't already paid for B44 i wouldn't get it if i had to buy it today purely because of the low player count. what's the point of buying a multiplayer game that nobody is playing? it's the exact same scenario as lawbreakers. good game but failed to gain traction.

I'm going to be 100% honest here. Hate it or love it.

I  believed in the idea. I believed that Bulkhead was going to do what they promised us in their first video on Kickstarter. I was hyped right away. This hype didn't end. The game went in Alpha and I was still believing in the developer team (although I thought Joe was an arrogant asshole sometimes), and I thought the horizon was looking good. The game was fun and the roadmap looked neat. I shared the idea/game with every gamer I knew and two of 'em bought the Early Access on release.

The game went in Early Access. They left the forums, player numbers faded, and the frequent news and updates were gone. I hoped that this shit was temporary, but it's september and nothing much has changed. Like... What the fuck happened?

I hope they turn things in a good way soon. But I have the itchy feeling they're just going to abandon the game after "release" and show a nice middlefinger to everyone who really believed in this game and in their team. I guess I'll take the L. 

The idea was perfect. The execution is/was pretty fucking shit. 💩

Edited by BlueSmiley
  • Upvote 5

On 9/8/2018 at 3:33 PM, BlueSmiley said:

I  believed in the idea. I believed that Bulkhead was going to do what they promised us in their first video on Kickstarter. I was hyped right away. This hype didn't end. The game went in Alpha and I was still believing in the developer team (although I thought Joe was an arrogant asshole sometimes), and I thought the horizon was looking good. The game was fun and the roadmap looked neat. I shared the idea/game with every gamer I knew and two of 'em bought the Early Access on release.

The game went in Early Access. They left the forums, player numbers faded, and the frequent news and updates were gone. I hoped that this shit was temporary, but it's september and nothing much has changed. Like... What the fuck happened?

I hope they turn things in a good way soon. But I have the itchy feeling they're just going to abandon the game after "release" and show a nice middlefinger to everyone who really believed in this game and in their team. I guess I'll take the L. 

That is pretty much the way it went and is going. Look at steam discussion groups, zero activity from the dev's and even on the "ask a dev a question" forum not one reply to any question has been given by a dev.

I guess this is the result of a dev team using other people's money to force a game in to Esports before making a game for the casual's, building a player base then enter Esports....... seems the most logical way to do thing's.

• Upvote 1

Great idea being made by arrogant inexperienced developers without a pinch of humility. They kept saying how great they are, yet they failed completely. They talked about huge competitive plans, some casual plans, great progress system. They kept saying how much they understand the market and how their plan is going to work out, how this year is going to be so huge for Battalion and everyone is going to be excited. Well, so far it's hugely dead and I am very excited to use this fiasco as a reminder for me in the future. It seems like anybody can "become a developer" these days. Promise you something exciting, create a hype around it and when the time comes, show you a middle finger. 

So thank you Bulkhead. This was a really nice lesson learned. 

• Upvote 3

Well, i'm sorry to see it didn't work out. But i'm an old one (52), and been at these video games since the 70's. These young developers tried, but most all these WW2 games coming out early access are flopping. Even BF is not faring well. And the reason as i see it, are WW2, and most all these historical shooters are best as a Campaign. Not MP.

Today, it's all about the red dots sights and easier ways to kill in the shortest amount of time. Thats where MP went over the years. I'm not a fan of it, but that's where it's at. Even when you talk about these new games coming on PC in the Civil War, Vietnam, WW1, even the Revolutionary War, they all flop, b/c they're all focused on MP, and they fail.

For me on consoles, it was all about MOH from it's inception to Rising Sun. Brothers in Arms, COD Finest Hour to Big Red One. Even Sniper Elite on ps2, they were all big great campaigns.

Until a developers comes out with Campaign based historical shooters, i just don''t see it working in this day and age. Sad, but i'm afraid true.

• Upvote 1

What to say huh? They got me on hype as i loved cod2 cod4.Amateur dev team that sucks game isnt as promised.Be sure that their careers are over for good and thats what satisfies me as no one would hire them or buy their products ever again.They developed so bad rep inactive on their own forums announncing console franchise while they couldnt even finish pc one.Thank you for taking our money and abandoning us it was a Pleasure i hope u devs are reading this couse your game is totail fail and a disgrace.I was so hyped and believed at the game and u guys killed it.I would advise u also to find other jobs this is not for you.

Also u devs should know how much did it Hurt us casual players for treating us like complete garbage.

Your extremely unprofesionall behaviour make me a smarter man and gives me reminder to think twice before buying any game in the future.yet u were the first who completeley dissapointed me and i am old school fart 28yrs old who purchased 200+games.

I hope u guys Will enjoy the money u took from us as u gave us nothing in return.

Your game? Only one explanation  i can relate to it  is this one. U order burger and u get burger without a meat thats what u did to us.

Sry for being this much rude but thats what i really think.And to fellow players thats feel same as me good luck and i hope well see each other in some other game some time soon,Until than bye.

Edited by Kreator
  • Upvote 2

On 9/3/2018 at 7:51 PM, Soldat Ryan said:

Next update is scheduled 13/09/2018  ( source ) ....but who cares ? 500/800 Esport gamers ? Where are the tens of thousands of players who believed/expected a lot in the game ?
I keep my server alive for now but for how long ?
I m not as rude as Excel, but for sure hype and faith are gone.

Was there any update? Any good if so?

On 9/8/2018 at 4:33 PM, BlueSmiley said:

👆

Sums it up pretty much...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Razor said:

Was there any update? Any good if so?

Update have been released few days ago and have been patched 2 times.
Can't say if they are good or not, i haven't playedthe game since a while. (I may do it this evening with my partners)

All is here : https://steamcommunity.com/games/489940/announcements/detail/1720828192150261700

There are 2 others announcements about patches, i invite you to check them on their steam HUB.

Edited by Soldat Ryan

The hard truth is after 3 years of development we don't even have a movement system that is as fluid as cod4, which should have been a core mechanic to nail down during the first months of development and that shows the devs don't have the skills to do what they have promised

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zane said:

The hard truth is after 3 years of development we don't even have a movement system that is as fluid as cod4, which should have been a core mechanic to nail down during the first months of development and that shows the devs don't have the skills to do what they have promised

Ok there is some truth in there, but they never made an fps before and the game feels better than cod1 right now (my good old beloved game)..

I am impressed by what they accomplished till today and never lost my faith..

The cod team had a lot of experience when they made cod 4 and with the promod it was even touched more..

And what I really like to see is that they never stopped working on the game.. Seems just normal but we also remember "Days of War"..

However they could put some love in this forums again cause it seems really abandoned.. (but on twitter and other media they do inform us well about the updates)

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Downvote 1