cb99

Can not join "COMMUNITY SERVER", free slots on there?

Can not join "COMMUNITY SERVER", free slots on there?
Works when I click on a empty server.
Played yesterday with no problem.

There where a upd, 56mb.
Validate file in steam.
Reboot.
Still no go.

Server's needs a restart?

-cb99

Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) or Large Scale NAT (LSN) or NAT444, it's the same and very commonly implemented by ISP's these days.
Problem is that loads upon loads of computers will look to have the very same IP address, that is banning on a IP level is the worst thing to do.
So maybe you are aware of this, but one trigger happy admin can lock out loads of people from a server that have IP ban masks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT
https://chrisgrundemann.com/index.php/2011/nat444-cgn-lsn-breaks/

---

Hi,

So why do I write this?
I have recently picked up the game again I do like to play organized, so with the in-game chat I sometimes gives small tips (chat, or text) like "use smoke to get the flag", "use smoke to cover our flag" and so on.
Played games for the longest time organized and are never rude but I have now realized that I no longer can get into "COMMUNITY SERVERS" which I do expect you are actually running.

The 13/7 (I will send the name as PM) (twitch) told me I talked to much, pretty rude as well.
I guess he was streaming or something, I guess the in-game chat is meant to be used (and I use it very sparingly) and only if I see some actually are listening for some tactics and he could always turn down the chat him self.

So long story short,
Have been playing with my kid that are home over the summer on holiday, and that means him and me have the very same IP over router/nat and most likely also via ISP CGN and he never says or writes a word and he can not get on to the "COMMUNITY SERVERS" as well.
This is leading me to the suspicion that (I will send the name as PM) (twitch) even might be a admin on those servers, so could you tell me if there is a IP mask ban on server option?

If so,
Am I banned on the "COMMUNITY SERVERS"?
And also check that guys ban record/history, because he might single-handed be killing off the player base for you.

-cb99

Edited by cb99
Spelling,

"COMMUNITY SERVERS" are not official servers.
This is the default name use in config file (defaultserver.ini).

Bulkhead do not managing these servers.

The server is maybe simply locked !
Did you try other servers ?

• Like 1

Thanks for reply and clarifying this.

Maybe you know:

When I choose EU I should just see EU servers I presume?

Arcade, will that pick any region or just from EU?

And do you know if there is a ping-lock, and that might be the case not getting in?

And yes, I can get on most servers I try to, maybe it's a version diff?

Also, the "COMMUNITY SERVER"'s I did try did not have a lock on, I get that much ;)

It feels like a future upgrade to that server-browser would be some sort of message why it will not let you connect if the server is unlocked, also a server ping other than 999 would be nice at some point, in-game you do see the client's ping but not in the browser.

-cb99

Edited by cb99

4 hours ago, cb99 said:

When I choose EU I should just see EU servers I presume?

This is only for Arcade and/or Wartide. This is not for Server browser where ALL servers must been displaying.
So yes, if you choose EU servers when you play Arcade, you join EU servers.

And do you know if there is a ping-lock, and that might be the case not getting in? 

There is no ping-lock in the settings, or i missed it.

4 hours ago, cb99 said:

And yes, I can get on most servers I try to, maybe it's a version diff? 

If i m right (must be confirmed by others .... or devs ?), you can see only servers with the same version of yours.
So if your game is running the last version, you are able only to see servers updated too, not those with older version.

4 hours ago, cb99 said:

also a server ping other than 999 would be nice at some point

The problem is not new and persist since long time. It has been reported yet.

Edited by Soldat Ryan
  • Like 1

@Soldat Ryan,

And Thanks once more for these answers as well!

-cb99

• Like 1