e4sYy

Record a demo during the tournament.

e4sYy    0

I really have a hope there will be option like recording a video during match/tournaments, someting like in CoD, what we missed in Red Orchestra 2 was recording videos, on tournaments in finals where was a big prize to won, one clan just use cheats like wallhack and won the main prize, no one could do anything about it because we dont have a proffs.

Please consider this. Thank You

PS: Sorry for my english :)

e4sYy    0

You can record a video just by typing in console /record "name" or /demo "name"

That would be great if they will go for the similiar idea.

Loafdude    1

omg yes! Great Idea!!!

It was so nice to record matches back in the day to be able to replay them later!

I wonder if unreal engine has this functionality? It's been a long time since I've seen this.

belst    1

Unreal engine has build in demo recording.

Just use DemoRec replayname to start recording

to play it: DemoPlay replayname

to speed it up/slow it down:

Demo.TimeDilation multiplier

but even so, implementing demo recording should be rather trivial. just save the network stream to a file and you are done.

j6k4    12

Can't believe this topic only has so little replies, this feature is a must have!

Either have a built in feature that records everymatch automatically and stores them in your documents (and then deletes after 28days or so automatically for storage efficiency)

Or be able to typein console /record demoname and save it manually like that

then be able to replay to make fragmovies or bust cheaters

COD Black Ops had a great democlient, you could switch between players who played on that particular match, it had a timescale with red marks when the player died and green marks when he got a kill. So basically from your own demo you could see everyone's POV without the need to ask them to upload it which was complicated in many cases a.k.a. "DEMO UP CHEATER NOOB!!!!111" IT was very efficient and effective imo. Would be great to see this in BAT44. And I hope they do it.

• Upvote 1

Recording techniques has taken such rapid development that it's almost a certainty it will be implemented. Probably that's why the response is low. Some improvement from the old cod /record would be great. Though; a solid anti-cheat system that holds out for longer than 5 years would be even better!

yageru    0

+1 i'd say both (replay and anti-cheat) along with a solid netcode are must haves for competitive fps games. It should be implemented when the game launches.

Razor    374

I agree, would be a very nice feature in game, but if it isn't already implemented I'd say focus on the game first, let third party recorders like Fraps do the job. And release a in game recorder in a patch later on :)

gecks    2
I agree, would be a very nice feature in game, but if it isn't already implemented I'd say focus on the game first, let third party recorders like Fraps do the job. And release a in game recorder in a patch later on :)

I agree the game is the main priority, but the problem is that those recording programs can drastically lower frame rates and hinder a persons playing ability or experience. This becomes a bigger factor when you are playing competitively. Unless you have a good enough computer to maintain a high framerate while recording with a program like Fraps, you need a demo recording system.

Myself and many other competitive players are often framerate snobs in a sense, always looking for the most fps possible. If I have to record with fraps and it takes me below 144 fps (not letting me use my 144hz monitor to its fullest extent), then I just won't record at all.

I think demo recordings are very important for community content creation (videos, frag movies, etc). As others have said, I think its something that should be in the game upon its launch. I see no reason for it not to be.

belst    1

not sure why demo recording gets discussed this much.

It will most likely already be in the game since UE4 engine has it.

Even if it didn't has it, implementing it is actually not that hard, since all you have to do is save the network stream to a file.

Soldat Ryan    350
Can't believe this topic only has so little replies, this feature is a must have!

Either have a built in feature that records everymatch automatically and stores them in your documents (and then deletes after 28days or so automatically for storage efficiency)

Or be able to typein console /record demoname and save it manually like that

then be able to replay to make fragmovies or bust cheaters

COD Black Ops had a great democlient, you could switch between players who played on that particular match, it had a timescale with red marks when the player died and green marks when he got a kill. So basically from your own demo you could see everyone's POV without the need to ask them to upload it which was complicated in many cases a.k.a. "DEMO UP CHEATER NOOB!!!!111" IT was very efficient and effective imo. Would be great to see this in BAT44. And I hope they do it.

I agree with j6k4.

The democlient from CODBO is really great and was the only thing i appreciate in the game (it was the last COD i played).

With CODBO demorecorder you are able to switch from player to another player and make nice movies.

As Bat44 is a steam game, insteed to keep videos in your computer they could be stored on our own steam cloud. This way should preserve some ressources from your own computer.

Vinny    0

Demo recording would be a great feature, even if its just a standard record option.

We would love to add Battalion to are gaming ladder, but there needs to be certain features to allow this to happen.

TraXx    0
I really have a hope there will be option like recording a video during match/tournaments, someting like in CoD, what we missed in Red Orchestra 2 was recording videos, on tournaments in finals where was a big prize to won, one clan just use cheats like wallhack and won the main prize, no one could do anything about it because we dont have a proffs.

Please consider this. Thank You

PS: Sorry for my english :)

Yeah e4sYy, I think Jager and the guys at TWI never envisioned their game for competitive play/esports, and as such, the game just did not allow for certain integral features. Everything that the competitive community needed in that game, we had to fight tooth and nail to get.

Having heard what the devs for Battalion 1944 have said so far, I have every reason to believe that making this game competition-ready is something that is on the forefront of their minds.

However, I agree with all of you -- demo functionality in-game is a must.

- TraXx

Whayel    0
Recording techniques has taken such rapid development that it's almost a certainty it will be implemented. Probably that's why the response is low. Some improvement from the old cod /record would be great. Though; a solid anti-cheat system that holds out for longer than 5 years would be even better!

They are planning to make this game one that stands on it's two feet for years. Just like CSGO. They have mentioned the problem with older games and how they get abandoned and left to the hackers. That won't happen to this game I don't think as it is a community built game! :)

Also on the recording. I think this is definitely going to be in the game at some point. I'm not sure what you mean by demo recording though. I havea program I can record games with on my pc that is free and it's great quality. Or is this demo recording different? Do you mean like the call of duty theater how you can go and watch other players after the match? (sorry for long post)

Soldat Ryan    350
Also on the recording. I think this is definitely going to be in the game at some point. I'm not sure what you mean by demo recording though. I havea program I can record games with on my pc that is free and it's great quality. Or is this demo recording different? Do you mean like the call of duty theater how you can go and watch other players after the match? (sorry for long post)

There is different way to record a game and you mention them.

Usually for a lot of games :

1st : directly by the game : demorecord - it is recording only your game.

2sd : with an external tool (fraps ....) - it is recording only your game (as demorecord)

CODBO added an other way (you mention it - i never see it on other games)

3th : COD theater what is a great way to make movies because it is recording your game with all others gamers. This way you are able to watch all players and switch to them to record their actions and keep the stages you want to make your movie. There is not only one view. Movies are more dynamics, in my sense.

Here an (humble) exemple of what can be done with cod theater :

(presentation of my previous old group).

Soldat Ryan    350
4th: Demo record from a spectator view where you can record anyone in game.

For me it is included to the 1st. You still got only 1 part of the game at T time.

With cod theater you have all view possible (exemple : for 1 kill you are able to have the killer view, the victime view and the spectator view at the same second - you are free to choose the angle of view you want to keep or all of them and make a montage. I guess i m clear :? )

We have 2 different kinds of demo recording.

1. server side (records the actions of every single player who is in the server)

2. client side (only able to record the data that is created by the client itselfe and what it receives from the gameserver)

Client Side demo recording is usually limited to the first or 3rd person perspective of the player because the server only sends your client data that he needs (means that he does not tell you player movement, orientation, stance, etc. of players that you don't see).

For simple frag videos the client side demo recording is good enough.

But client side demo recording does not work if you want to:

• review matches to analyze tactics and errors of your team or your opponent
  • settle a dispute i.e. when a team claims that the other broke a rule
  • provide prove that a player used an exploit or obvious hack
  • create a nice cinematic/machinima

For that you need server side demo recording where the server records everything that every player does during a match.

In Battlefield 2 the admin could enable the "Battlerecorder" on his server - which is what the deveopers named the demo recording there. You could also set a demo quality which defined how frequently the server would record the players actions. The higher the quality the smoother the players move during playback (This has nothing to do with the FPS the game renders while playing the demo file.)

Inside the game menu you then had a "Battlerecorder" section which listed all the battles you fought on servers that had the demorecording enabled.

In that menu section you would then simply download the demofile from the gameserver to your client, and then start the playback.

If you join a match late then the downloaded demofile will still include the entire match.

TL;DR

Server side demo recording please! ;)