Sign in to follow this  
Hautacam

A solution to grow the playerbase

Obviously the players are in low numbers at the moment, and I think the game is not suited for this and therefor doesn't help at all to help the community grow.

To me for battalion there are 2 problems : the people that don't want to play the game, and  the people that want to play the game but can't because of the low player base.

I think having a FFA on a relatively small map would resolve the 2nd issue, since it would need just a couple of players to make an enjoyable gaming session. If that was the case players like me would play often. At the moment i'm just thinking like: i'm will just run around a big map with 2/3 people to shoot at, i'd rather play a game i enjoy less but with more action.

FFA : doubles the amount of players you can fight, which is gold in this situation.

Small maps : to avoid  running around most of your time. I know you guys at the moment have other things to do than creating a small map, but I thing you could very well use existing maps but limiting acces to only a certain area (a bit like in the 2v2 mod in csgo). Actually the map in the forest in belgium would work.

For exemple, yesterday I wanted to play a bit, couldn't find a unranked and nobody was playing on community servers so I went to play a Arcade. We were 5 people playing in invasion TdM, so we spent most of our time running around and that gets quickly boring so i left after 15mins, I could have played 2 hours if it was FFA on a smaller map.  (Last time I played more than 20mins it was when someone else what up to play 1v1 on the aim_map on community server, we had a lot of fun and we could actually shoot at someone). I know the aim_map is very minimalistic and would be too poor to offer as a game studio, but the idea is there.

Seeing the current interest for fast paced fps games (community on cod2 and cod4 is still doing ok, 16k views on phantasy's youtube video talking about MU2) I think there is something to do and adapting your game to the player base is something very important that will benefit everyone.

PS : and the team balance bug doesn't help. I just played an arcade game in 3v1 and no possibility to change teams to make it a 2v2. Result ;: : one guy getting raped and 3 guys running around without any action = boring = people stop playing

Edited by Hautacam

Lol you are so wrong this game have much more than 2 problems

It have reached the point of no return with 60 players average playing it.

People dont want to play the game for multiple reasons 

And that include the dev team and the game itself

This game will ot ever recover end of story.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3