jcuz

Feedback on the heavies

I don't think the heavies are in a good place currently. The MP44 is closer to CoD:WW2 than any other CoD, which is disappointing considering the MP44 was such an iconic gun of CoD1/2 and offered such a versatile gameplay style. Some of you might think that the Battalion MP44 is OP, but this is because of the stupidly high fire rate, low recoil and close quarter/chokepoint heavy maps.

I think the following changes would put the heavies in a really good place.

MP44
- Reduce the fire rate, I think the MP44 fire rate should be significantly reduced, I don’t know why the fire rate is faster than the BAR, it’s part of the reason the two guns are so imbalanced

MP44+BAR
- Remove damage fall off , the reason this isn't really noticed right now is because the maps are so close quarters, the moment we have a map that remotely similar to Toujane or Strike where players are encouraged to take longer distance fights this gun will be exposed.

- Increase the vertical recoil, "Recoil doesn't mean more skill, all you have to do is pull down", yes believe it or not pulling down while simultaneously tracking a running enemy, especially at a long distance is harder than tracking an enemy without having to worry about recoil, the comparison to quake having no recoil is completely invalid because players literally fly around the map 10 times the speed as Battalion, so tracking a moving target requires more skill in quake. Higher recoil also makes it harder to prefire a headshot angle, which some people are already complaining about with the example of the wooden window on Liberation at B site.
High recoil mixed with high damage means each bullet has more impact, meaning players shooting at a longer distance will take their time to make every bullet count, so you will have people using a combination of tapping, bursting and full auto spray. Currently with the 5 bullets (1 shot HS) at long range/low recoil you have no reason not to full auto spray and hope for the lucky headshot.
The Thompson has higher recoil than the MP44, how is this not really odd to everyone? Again, the recoil for the current MP44 is closer to CoDWW2 (a console game) than any other CoD.

- Reduce the hipfire spread, the hipfire spread currently is just way too big and will become more of a problem when the fire rate is reduced to a sensible level.

• Upvote 1