Sign in to follow this  
crappy

Dedicated servers vs Rented servers

Are you feeling difference between dedicated and rented servers too? I have about +30-40 ping on dedicated servers, sometimes it's not even playable. On rented servers the ping is always okay. 

I have wifi connection btw, but still, on rented servers it's just fine.

If you have a good dedicated server there should be no difference in pings unless your running a server from home or a dedi with low specs, Virtual servers etc etc.

dude, I mean dedicated servers are the ones you get to when playing competitive,arcade or unranked. so I have lot worse ping on those servers. on the server that I'm renting for my team, ping is much better

Every server is a dedicated server, the server you are renting might be better hardware or closer to your location. My dedicated server has better ping than offical/matchmaking servers.

Ping depends where are hosted official servers, so if you are far of location of official servers are hosted you will get a "bad" ping.

If the server you rent is near of your location it is normal your ping is better.

(it is the same for all games)

Edited by Soldat Ryan

10 hours ago, crappy said:

dude, I mean dedicated servers are the ones you get to when playing competitive,arcade or unranked

Sorry man, i misunderstood you but ye basically what Soldat Ryan is saying.

On 4/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, Spoon said:

Every server is a dedicated server, the server you are renting might be better hardware or closer to your location. My dedicated server has better ping than offical/matchmaking servers.

ye thats what I said too. oficial servers are so lame. I never had ping problems with other servers, only on officials.

for me i don't have ping issues on the dedicated servers used for mm. Probably something to do with the routing from your location to the server's location, which is out of your control :(

Renting any server is more beneficial than buying any server. You will get all updated configuration in your rent servers by the service provider. For any It equipment on rent see www.racwg.com

Edited by RAC INFRA

Are you the same guys who provide my breakdown cover?

Only ask because you make as much sense as they do.

23 hours ago, RAC INFRA said:

Renting any server is more beneficial than buying any server. You will get all updated configuration in your rent servers by the service provider.

This is the most funny thing i read here since long time. 😂
Yes it is more benefical but only for providers not for players/admins.

Also, it depends :

1. if you (player/admins) have aknowledge on dedicated server administration or not.
    If not, well renting a server game from a provider is the best way but certainly not the most benefical.
  2. what you want to do :
    -
    Renting only 1 server game is benefical ok (around 12€ for 12 slots for battalion on multiplay instead of around 40€ for soyoustart dedicated server ).
    -But if you want to build a community with a website, voice server (TS ...), several games servers, it is better to rent a dedicated server.

That was a funny advertisement post.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, RAC INFRA said:

Renting any server is more beneficial than buying any server. You will get all updated configuration in your rent servers by the service provider. For any It equipment on rent see www.racwg.com

Funny how you don't aim to add anything to this conversation, only an advertisement for your website lmao