Tonight I decided to give Battalion 1944 one last try.   But even that was fruitless, there were a number of players on "locked" servers and the odd one on the unlocked ones so even if I wanted to play it was a waste of time.

Good luck with the game but I am uninstalling.   Bye bye!

• Upvote 3

Such a shame tbh and im thinking of doing the same thing since i haven't bothered with Battalion since 17th March so might as well free up some hard drive space.

• Upvote 2

Did anyone ever stop and think that the reason  you see no-one playing is because people like you. You  see low numbers and give up. If everyone does that...no players. If everyone that says "game is dead" would get in there and play...voila, more players.

Got to admit, game has come a long way. Get in there and give it a chance. The only people that can bring numbers up is ourselves.

Edited by Amigaman
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The concurrent players haven't dropped below 100 and averaged somewhere around 250 since MU2 launch. Yes, public community servers aren't that busy currently, however, you easily find a game on Arcade and Wartide. You may want to give those a try.

Edited by RLpacifist

5 hours ago, Amigaman said:

Did anyone ever stop and think that the reason  you see no-one playing is because people like you. You  see low numbers and give up. If everyone does that...no players. If everyone that says "game is dead" would get in there and play...voila, more players.

Got to admit, game has come a long way. Get in there and give it a chance. The only people that can bring numbers up is ourselves.

Indeed you are correct but if everyone doesn't bother it is because everyone feels the same.

I gave it another go and it has improved very much but trying to get my mates back playing is hard work, being told flatly "No thanks" every time says it all.

Only people to blame are the devs, yes they had some bad luck at the start but they could have done more to try and install confidence back into the players instead of setting their sights on a new type of player and dumping this forum and distancing themselves from the truly interested players.

We were going to play Battalion in a league but the game was so bad the league decided it couldn't host it then all the emails the league admin sent along with mine to Mr Brammer were just ignored so what more can people do.

For me, i will have a game now and then, will never be my main game but as a clan we have gone back to battlefield 1 and await Battlefield V.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Excel said:

For me, i will have a game now and then, will never be my main game but as a clan we have gone back to battlefield 1 and await Battlefield V.

Give this game some time. Its amazing how many skilled Players are on the server. Never ever experienced this before. I love the Battlefield Series too, i have all BF on Origin except Hardline, but BFV will just another Re-Skin from BF1 like they did with BF3&4. I think Battalion will do this, just look at other EarlyAcces Games -> nothing happens for months and in Battalion u see how many effort they put into their game and dont forget the small dev team.... :p 

Edited by FYNE
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, FYNE said:

Give this game some time. Its amazing how many skilled Players are on the server. Never ever experienced this before. I love the Battlefield Series too, i have all BF on Origin except Hardline, but BFV will just another Re-Skin from BF1 like they did with BF3&4. I think Battalion will do this, just look at other EarlyAcces Games -> nothing happens for months and in Battalion u see how many effort they put into their game and dont forget the small dev team.... ? 

I take on board what your saying but it's not just me, trust me i wanted this game to be the boost a clan leader needed, recruiting members, playing in leagues and most importantly having a regular game to play with all your mates like back in the good old days.

Probably my own fault for setting my sights too high but the game is progressing but i just can't for the life of me see that many people coming back to it. I hope im wrong and after release the game is top notch but as i type this i can't help but feel Battalion will be a game you play for 30 mins just for a break.

As for Battlefield, ye i agree, just reskinned but then if something is working right then why not :)

I have all the BF also except Hardline, even the spec ops expansion for the original BF, the good old days never to be repeated unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I hope so, that you are wrong :P we will see what devs will bring, with more content and less bugs there will be more players I hope :) 

I started BF series with Vietnam and my favourite titles are 2&3 played it tons of hours and it was pure fun. My personal opinion is, that BF is going the wrong way (casual)

You had the Sentinel Packs in BF1 aka "uh yes every noob can be a frag machine for some time" and in BFV there will be Planes with huge bombs aka COD Killstreak award.... 

I will definitley play the Battlefield Beta but i guess i will stick to Battalion :) 

Have a nice day

• Downvote 1