Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crappy

Reaction on Wartide 2.0 post

Recommended Posts

- First of all it's funny that you have disabled comments, seems like you're not interested about our thoughts.

- All the links in the post are removed or not working.

- Imo the token system could cause lot more problems than card system. For example, if we have a greedy guy on the team he might take an expensive weapon so now its not only that we wont have anymore snipers, but we wont be able to get any kind of guns except the default...

- "the much loved default carbine" - haha that made me laugh

- Removing ranked? Seriously? Well, we never knew how the ranking system works so I guess it won't make too big difference, except we will remain 2v5 if we are about to lose a game

- Only thing that is positive, is I'm curious what you're gonna do with FaceIt

- Also, the post made me feel like we won't see so much change in the game until about release time..

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crappy said:

- First of all it's funny that you have disabled comments, seems like you're not interested about our thoughts.

- All the links in the post are removed or not working.

- Imo the token system could cause lot more problems than card system. For example, if we have a greedy guy on the team he might take an expensive weapon so now its not only that we wont have anymore snipers, but we wont be able to get any kind of guns except the default...

- "the much loved default carbine" - haha that made me laugh

- Removing ranked? Seriously? Well, we never knew how the ranking system works so I guess it won't make too big difference, except we will remain 2v5 if we are about to lose a game

- Only thing that is positive, is I'm curious what you're gonna do with FaceIt

- Also, the post made me feel like we won't see so much change in the game until about release time..

for update posts, the threads in that section of the forum should always be locked but bulkhead have usually forgotten to do it in the past so i can see why you think locking the thread is unusual.

to the rest of your post, i was also surprised to see they're dropping battlerank as this was one of the biggest features pushed in selling the game so bulkhead should explain in much more detail why they're ditching it now.

on the face of it the token system sounds too generic and open to abuse so i hope they've done alot of testing to shake out the flaws. if it comes out with bugs that's to be expected but if its systemically flawed that's inexcusable at this stage so where would they go from there?

there was not a single mention of the excessive jumping and the weapon imbalances were downplayed. i'm concerned bulkhead still don't see these as glaring issues but if they haven't been changed significantly none of the other changes will matter.

overall, i think the update was overly positive by not properly addressing many of the issues repeatedly raised  to the point that it made me feel like it was abandoning its older player base in favour of new players that came in at EA. may not have been their intention but that's how i felt when reading it. however, my concerns won't be confirmed or allayed until the update drops in june. ultimately, what was most significant about this update to me was more about what they didn't say.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who understands their decision to drop Ranked for now? The 24-hour playercount peak is now between 200 and 300. Worldwide(!!!!). You can't merge different regions like NA and Europe. But you can merge different gamemodes. The small playerbase was already divided between Arcade, Ranked and Unranked. With only Arcade and Wartide left it's easier for the few remaining players to find a match. In my opinion it's the best solution in a shitty situation. 

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Am I the only one who understands their decision to drop Ranked for now? The 24-hour playercount peak is now between 200 and 300. Worldwide(!!!!). You can't merge different regions like NA and Europe. But you can merge different gamemodes. The small playerbase was already divided between Arcade, Ranked and Unranked. With only Arcade and Wartide left it's easier for the few remaining players to find a match. In my opinion it's the best solution in a shitty situation. 

tuna's post said battlerank is being "retired". i didn't interpret that as "for now" as you say. that reads more like its being cut permanently. i'm not familiar with how faceit works but i'm guessing it exists for the ultra competitive players. what about the thousands of players that would make up the bulk of any substantial player base? i'm not what i would call a competitive player but i want structured matchmaking that puts me in lobbies with other players close to my skill level to avoid one-sided games that players being repeatedly raped will leave and players that easily win become bored - and leave. only catering to a small group of players will not grow the player base. the average player is a potential competitive player but the competitive player is never going to be a potential average player so where's the gamemodes, gameplay and mechanisms that will grow the player base because i'm not seeing it in this update.

like i said in my first post, tuna's update left much more unsaid than said.

Edited by Farq-S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

tuna's post said battlerank is being "retired". i didn't interpret that as "for now" as you say. that reads more like its being cut permanently. i'm not familiar with how faceit works but i'm guessing it exists for the ultra competitive players. what about the thousands of players that would make up the bulk of any substantial player base? i'm not what i would call a competitive player but i want structured matchmaking that puts me in lobbies with other players close to my skill level to avoid one-sided games that players being repeatedly raped will leave and players that easily win become bored - and leave. only catering to a small group of players will not grow the player base. the average player is a potential competitive player but the competitive player is never going to be a potential average player so where's the gamemodes, gameplay and mechanisms that will grow the player base because i'm not seeing it in this update.

like i said in my first post, tuna's update left much more unsaid than said.

From the Wartide 2.0 post: 

"This is a temporary measure until we’re ready to relaunch a brand new ranked playlist through our huge competitive matchmaking upgrade later in the year (which we will release more info on at a later date. This decision was also made as we feel the ranked experience of Battalion 1944 wasn’t to the standard we ourselves would’ve liked it to be in, let alone our players. "

The way I understand it is that they're going to retire the current 'Ranked' and (hopefully) replace it with a better version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

From the Wartide 2.0 post: 

"This is a temporary measure until we’re ready to relaunch a brand new ranked playlist through our huge competitive matchmaking upgrade later in the year (which we will release more info on at a later date. This decision was also made as we feel the ranked experience of Battalion 1944 wasn’t to the standard we ourselves would’ve liked it to be in, let alone our players. "

The way I understand it is that they're going to retire the current 'Ranked' and (hopefully) replace it with a better version. 

fair enough. so where does faceit fit in? clearly my lack of understanding of what faceit does is preventing me from grasping how matchmaking will be handled in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

fair enough. so where does faceit fit in? clearly my lack of understanding of what faceit does is preventing me from grasping how matchmaking will be handled in future.

Basically from what I understood they can't make a decent ELO based matchmaking, as we know the current one is broken af, so from the update I guess they will be using the algorithm FaceIT has developed. I may be wrong tho

Edited by Zane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zane said:

Basically from what I understood they can't make a decent ELO based matchmaking, as we know the current one is broken af, so from the update I guess they will be use the algorithm FaceIT has developed. I may be wrong tho

ok, thanks for explaining to a simpleton like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully there is a silent MMR system like Dota had back in its beta for Wartide.  Its not really fun playing with or playing against Potatoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×