Soldat Ryan

Moving Foward (reddit post) and comment

There are good things to come but I m shocked by THIS :
@[CM] BigTuna :
"The fact that you're here right now reading this lengthy update during this rocky Early Access period, still playing the game and adding positive and constructive discussion on our Reddit/Discord community is a testament to the better half of Battalion 1944’s community as a whole. "

It is a lack of respect for Forum's users here since the beginning or later, supporting your work, still playing the game and trying to keep constructive discussions and clean forum.

You have totally given up the forum and you are neglecting the other half of Battalion1944's community (which is the worst if i understand well !)
You should close this forum. -_- Things will be clearest.

Edited by Soldat Ryan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

The death knell of this forum began as Early Access arrived and all the kickstarter and alpha stuff was hidden away.  OK it was at that point historic but to leave it read only and visible for those who had been part of that process would have been nice.  But perhaps at that point we should have seen that Bulkhead were already worried?

Perhaps the only reason to keep this forum running is that those who were part of Kickstarter and such like would have a complaint that they would loose their special forum tag?

Whatever, the fact that the devs can't post even a link to their news items, updates, or similar in even the "news" area of this forum shows the real lack of respect that they have for anyone here.  I don't expect every post or even thread to see comments from Bulkhead, but a little engagement would have been nice.  After all those who backed you from the outset were here first and we shouldn't need to chase you around the internet to find out what is going on.

It's a real shame.  This game could have been so good.  Clearly the focus on a niche competitive scene has taken over the marketing ethos and the blinkers are on as to why that has become a deterrent to a player base.  I wanted, and still would like to support it, but if Bulkhead don't like us, please just turn out the lights and put us out of our misery.

• Upvote 4

the people who loved the old school style of FPS games that they grew up with

Clearly you're talking about the 300 people left playing this abomination because I don't see any resemblance to MoHAA, CoD1 or ET. I don't even know if they actually believe their own charade that CoD4 is actually "old school style of FPS" or if they're just being consistent in their misinformation. However they're clearly not going to change the gameplay because apparently this garbage is what they're aiming for so good luck to them - but not really. Being so confident in Battalion not being a failure in the end - oh the hilarity that will ensue in year's time.

Also not even posting this on your own forums? I can't even wish them luck if they're just cherry picking criticism like that after all their failures. Funny thing is I actually believed in this project because I backed it and now here I am. I guess lesson learned not to take any interest in Kickstarter games because it's going to suddenly change mid development and everyone's going to claim it's been like this from the start.

• Upvote 3

That is indeed some dodgy stuff right there... Instead of using this official forum as a lead platform to get2gether, Bulkhead seems to have chosen a different path. This indeed means a big chunk of early backers are left in the cold :(

A shame...

• Upvote 2

It is probably due to forum members here are more vocal and open in criticism which they don't like but that statement alone is a kick in the teeth to all here more so the kickstarter and backer guys.

All their bug fixes etc posted are just repetitive, same things worded differently nothing more.

Bulkhead do not like criticism, they do not want to change their game to suit the masses but they did change what was promised from the beginning just to get everyone's money to enable them to produce a LAN game for their own project interest.

At least Dick Turpin had the courtesy of wearing a mask. 

• Upvote 1

Well seems reddit  and twitter are their main channels  and not their own forum o.O

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

It is probably due to forum members here are more vocal and open in criticism which they don't like but that statement alone is a kick in the teeth to all here more so the kickstarter and backer guys.

All their bug fixes etc posted are just repetitive, same things worded differently nothing more.

Bulkhead do not like criticism, they do not want to change their game to suit the masses but they did change what was promised from the beginning just to get everyone's money to enable them to produce a LAN game for their own project interest.

At least Dick Turpin had the courtesy of wearing a mask. 

Another important factor is that their beloved eSports players are on Reddit. We are 'merely' casuals and backers.  We are the other half according to @[CM] BigTuna . We don't matter to Bulkhead Interactive. Oh wait, the backers did matter, back when they needed their money. Now that the people can't get their money back, Bulkhead can show them the middle finger and can continue to satisfy the needs of the former COD4 'pro's'. 

By the way, I'm fully aware I come across like a complete asshole in this post. But sadly the only times someone from Bulkhead seems to respond is to someone who acts like a dickhead and not to people who try to have a civil discussion. 

On a more serious note: BigTuna, I understand it's impossible for you to respond to everyone. But is it really that much trouble to copy, paste and post this update on your own official forum? 

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:
There are good things to come but I m shocked by THIS :
@[CM] BigTuna :
"The fact that you're here right now reading this lengthy update during this rocky Early Access period, still playing the game and adding positive and constructive discussion on our Reddit/Discord community is a testament to the better half of Battalion 1944’s community as a whole. "

It is a lack of respect for Forum's users here since the beginning or later, supporting your work, still playing the game and trying to keep constructive discussions and clean forum.

You have totally given up the forum and you are neglecting the other half of Battalion1944's community (which is the worst if i understand well !)
You should close this forum. -_- Things will be clearest.

I couldn't agree more Soldat! I really don't get it, first the forum "is the shit" then they say all major updates will be on Battalion's steam page and now it's all going on Reddit. For the love of god make up you're minds Bulkhead!! If Reddit is the place to be, just say so and close this dead over-spammed forum....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is not a surprise that this forum is considered junk for them, just note that the only comments you see in this forum is a sarcastic response to a post about steamcharts and another to say that mod tools will be released "soon"
I was aware of this post on reddit because I had already concluded that this forum was "dead" and I follow them on reddit but this post on reddit looks like a handful of .... nothing.
If the next patch is only in July will there be someone to play at that time?
Battalion was the first project that I supported in the Kickstarter ...... thanks to this "failure" there were two more projects that I did not support ... oh well .... / rant over

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Hitman said:

It is not a surprise that this forum is considered junk for them, just note that the only comments you see in this forum is a sarcastic response to a post about steamcharts and another to say that mod tools will be released "soon"

It's come to this since they never use it anymore...

And how will Battalion pan out when they don't even care about their own forum

• Like 1

I still have this game sat on my hard drive......yes I have had problems with it.....a lot did....but I will wait .

I keep popping back here to see whats going on with the game and will do till full release.

There are plenty of games that will keep me occupied till then.:D

I believed for so long that this would work. But the shit started basically after the private forums we're removed.

After that they gave day 1 keys to people (streamers or w/e) and not even all the guys on the forums had a key. Some of them being here from day 1. A lot of people didn't get their incentives from kickstarter and we haven't heard anything anymore about the console versions. I really wondered where this people where untill actually 1 person opened a topic about it.

Close to that developers we're fighting with people on the forums, which didn't look so professional in any way.. Communication with the community is ok but not in that way, in that way i even liked communication of aaa games better, where they don't communicate with most of the players @ all. It looked so retarted all this weird posts on twitter and mr.cool guy posts on the forums.

Reading the direction the game is going basically nothing is going to change. They will create a better game for themselves and probally the 300 that are still there and perhaps 200 will come back. I basically stopped reading when they stated the reasons why people left. I don't think people left for bugs or server issues but most of them left because they didn't like the type of game, because i't wasn't going anywhere from what we expected after we we're hyped from the kickstarter.. But ahh yeah like some people stated here above Battalion is Battalion and they are not gonna change for the masses. Which is 2 bad.

• Upvote 3

They started with Kickstarter made in a way to attract as many people as possible. Mentioned games like CoD, MoH, ET. Created an article in CoD2 community to advertise their project. Hell they even promised authentic WW2 experience. Word "authentic" was used 5 times on Kickstarter page and 6 times on Kickstarter video. Promised genuine/real animations. Showcased museums and real places to be used for inspiration. Recording sounds of real guns. Promised support for Xbox+PS. Promised modding tools, great netcode and anticheat. Later they promised advanced spectator and replay system. 

Some people wonder why part of the community expected realism or not so much arcade game ... I honestly can't blame them.

Some people expected something more like CoD2 / MoH. Something without constant strafe jumping. I can't blame them either. Nowhere on Kickstarter was mentioned Promod or wannabe Promod movement. If it wasn't for Phantasy, most people would not know then. 

They took our money, asked for some feedback but always acted so superior and above us. "Don't tell us what to do" "We are experienced and know better than you" "You won't understand until you have 1000 hours like me on Battalion" all the time. They say they want to be different from other devs, want to communicate with their players. Yeah they did. But in the most arrogant way. 

They needed more money once again, used Battalion's hype for it, rushed into EA and the only working thing was crate shop. A lot of players came to play that day and even some days after. But with misleading advertising, game not being ready for EA, a lot of issues not being addressed soon enough and toxic behaviour from Bram on public, this was supposed to happen. 

I'll be honest to say that I expected a lot from this game, but my expectations were crushed completely. And I supported this project so much during alpha phase. I expected more from game and I expected way more from devs, their vision, skills but mainly from their behavior towards community. I didn't want to believe that before, I hoped that this is something interesting I was waiting for for a long time, but it's clear now, it was just an illusion. I am interested in some bigger project with higher goals and meaningful plans. That is clearly not Battalion since their target players are "very small community that has mostly moved on from gaming".

With that in mind and as this title suggests, I guess it's time to "move forward". 

I think the technology has moved on so much in the past 10 years, things look beautiful today

- Battalion 1944 Kickstarter video

Edited by DarkMortyr
  • Upvote 7

They keep saying they know what they are doing but generally people who continually say that don't know or care what anyone wants other than themselves.

Real shame really because so many clans and players were looking forward to a game everyone could play together again but no it is as clear as day all they wanted from the general public was the money to fund "their" vision and goals.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

They needed more money once again, used Battalion's hype for it, rushed into EA and the only working thing was crate shop. A lot of players came to play that day and even some days after. But with misleading advertising, game not being ready for EA, a lot of issues not being addressed soon enough and toxic behaviour from Bram on public, this was supposed to happen. 

What I don't understand is where those KS money went, they asked for 100.000£ initially and got 3 times that number without even considering Humble Bundle sales, despite that after 2 years we have an inferior product compared to what was promised, especially if you look at the graphics and as Bramm said they had to push EA because they were running out of money, I wonder what would Battalion be today if they got just those 100.000£. 

38 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

They started with Kickstarter made in a way to attract as much people as possible. Mentioned games like CoD, MoH, ET. Created an article in CoD2 community to advertise their project. Hell they even promised authentic WW2 experience. Word "authentic" was used 5 times on Kickstarter page and 6 times on Kickstarter video. Promised genuine/real animations. Showcased museums and real places to be used for inspiration. Recording sounds of real guns. Promised support for Xbox+PS. Promised modding tools, great netcode and anticheat. Later they promised advanced spectator and replay system. 

Some people wonder why part of the community expected realism or not so much arcade game ... I honestly can't blame them.

I have to agree with this unfortunately, I've always thought the WW2 setting was just a gimmick to get money from nostalgic players, also let aside the "authenticity" debate, the video is quite misleading in many other ways, you see them using motion capture to record animations and the game not only doesn't have any of those animations, but I'm 99% sure there is no mocapped animation at all in the entire game, yes a game can change direction during development, but if you look at the KS campaign and then play the actual game, the only thing in common is the name, that's it.

That being said I'm one of those guys who wanted a successor to cod4, so I'm kinda happy with the direction it has taken, even tho I'm the first to say the game is not even on the same level as promod, but all these discrepancies are slowly starting to make me question the devs

how funny is that most ppl post in reddit are like wow its so great, like really I don't know if those ppl paid to post those or just have not play any good FPS for while

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, metamod said:

how funny is that most ppl post in reddit are like wow its so great, like really I don't know if those ppl paid to post those or just have not play any good FPS for while

They are just quickly satisfied. They don't need proof to see the game has actually improved, but are happy with empty promises. 

51 minutes ago, dr_nikif0r0s said:

They keep saying they know what they are doing but at the same time they give a list and everything will be change. 

That's what Early Access is for. Letting people play the game, see where they fucked up and try to improve those aspects. 

Important for everyone here: Tuna posted an update about Wartide 2.0 

15 hours ago, metamod said:

HAHAHAHA i was thinking the same thing not so long ago.

Seems the devs will lean to the side where praise is given rather than have to deal with any constructive criticism from people who wanted this game to work for the long term, it is easier to please easily pleased sheep.

Just now, Excel said:

HAHAHAHA i was thinking the same thing not so long ago.

Seems the devs will lean to the side where praise is given rather than have to deal with any constructive criticism from people who wanted this game to work for the long term, it is easier to please easily pleased sheep.

Well, they listened to our feedback.  That's a first step. They posted an update on the official forum. I still hope Battalion will become a success with the right changes. I haven't waited for two years for the game to become a complete failure. But unlike Reddit, I first have to see it to believe it. 

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

That's what Early Access is for. Letting people play the game, see where they fucked up and try to improve those aspects. 

Important for everyone here: Tuna posted an update about Wartide 2.0 

Dont play with words. They fucked up and keep going to be ironic in their post here. Also they start to talk about changes when count is around 200-300 players. Last month everything was at the right way but yesterday suddenly they announce that everything of core game will be change. The point is that they dont give any clue about progress and kind of changes. You said that they listened our feedback but none knows if changes are near to our feedback. It is good for you to have hope but dont be blind. 

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Well, they listened to our feedback.  That's a first step. They posted an update on the official forum. I still hope Battalion will become a success with the right changes

If anything it's good to see someone from the dev team posting here as well as other Battalion sites, maybe that's a first step in the right direction but maybe too little too late? only time will tell.

On 4/18/2018 at 7:40 PM, DarkMortyr said:

They started with Kickstarter made in a way to attract as many people as possible. Mentioned games like CoD, MoH, ET. Created an article in CoD2 community to advertise their project. Hell they even promised authentic WW2 experience. Word "authentic" was used 5 times on Kickstarter page and 6 times on Kickstarter video. Promised genuine/real animations. Showcased museums and real places to be used for inspiration. Recording sounds of real guns. Promised support for Xbox+PS. Promised modding tools, great netcode and anticheat. Later they promised advanced spectator and replay system. 

Some people expected something more like CoD2 / MoH. Something without constant strafe jumping. I can't blame them either. Nowhere on Kickstarter was mentioned Promod or wannabe Promod movement. If it wasn't for Phantasy, most people would not know then. 

They took our money, asked for some feedback but always acted so superior and above us. "Don't tell us what to do" "We are experienced and know better than you" "You won't understand until you have 1000 hours like me on Battalion" all the time. They say they want to be different from other devs, want to communicate with their players. Yeah they did. But in the most arrogant way. 

I'll be honest to say that I expected a lot from this game, but my expectations were crushed completely. And I supported this project so much during alpha phase. I expected more from game and I expected way more from devs, their vision, skills but mainly from their behavior towards community. I didn't want to believe that before, I hoped that this is something interesting I was waiting for for a long time, but it's clear now, it was just an illusion. I am interested in some bigger project with higher goals and meaningful plans. That is clearly not Battalion since their target players are "very small community that has mostly moved on from gaming".

With that in mind and as this title suggests, I guess it's time to "move forward". 

- Battalion 1944 Kickstarter video

Yeah pretty much this. I was expecting Mohaa/Cod1-2 from the initial concept and got a re-skinned Quake game instead. I don't use reddit/twitter etc so rely on the so called official forums for info on the game, thankfully other members are more on the ball than the developers for sharing that info.

I'll still keep dropping into the game. I used to make mohaa/cod maps using Radiant and look forward to the map tools being released. I just feel until the mod tools are released as well I'll still have to put up with the fleas bouncing around my screen.

• Upvote 2