Sign in to follow this  
HypeRNT

Battalion 1944 Survival of the fittest(BR)

Battalion 1944 BR version?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Battalion 1944 BR version?

• Yes it would be cool
    • No it would be a waste of devs time
    • Im not sure, im interested but not sure
    • devs should focus on working on current version of the game with the hopes of it succeeding.

1 big map from ww2 era, so like some french towns like carentan and other parts of the maps we have now but on a bigger scale, brecourt can be a grassy/forest area, so you basically have a gigantic map of ww2 were instead of playing bunch of different maps separate, they are all tied into 1 large map, about the size of pubg's erangel map.100 man Battle royale.

Basic guns all the defaults/bar/shotgun, mp40/as rare but still publicly available. M1/kar98 rifle as rare mid/long range.

Crate weapons dropped from a ww2 bomber plane-kar98 scoped/springfield. Thompson/STG. Add few more weapons for variety.

I dont think i have seen any ww2 BR games in production and i think it would be bad ass.

Do you guys think it would be possible to modify something like that with mod tools? make a gigantic map with a bunch of the current maps added? Could dev's do that if they wanted to? How hard is it to tweak this engine from say 20v20 on a dedi to a 100 man BR game? The game runs at high FPS, im sure there is plenty of FPS to sacrifice to fit in more players/buildings/textures. How hard would that be from a dev stand point do you think? And is it a good idea?

I know some of you(like me) are hard core SnD competitive shooter players, but im just thinking out loud here basically, since the whole BR craze is going on, could battalion get in on that if they wanted to? Would it be smart and would this type of design(ww2 era BR) be worth dev's time? I for sure think so, and boy would that create some hype.

Personally I like the idea, but it must be a fully separate game. Battalion is what it is. But I'd love a game like PUBG in a 50v50 mode with WWII era.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, crappy said:

But I'd love a game like PUBG in a 50v50 mode with WWII era.

so Hell Let Loose?

14 hours ago, crappy said:

Personally I like the idea, but it must be a fully separate game. Battalion is what it is. But I'd love a game like PUBG in a 50v50 mode with WWII era.

I completely agree with crappy on this.