Can the Devs nurf the jumping above walls as in a game we see just about every one jumping up over a wall and quick scoping one shot and kill

Its ruining the game

Every player is doing the same jumping like a kid on crack !!

turn off the jumping button its not the Xbox  its a community game for players not kid's

Its destroying the game 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Jumping is killing the game, it's a total joke. Yesterday I played 2 games (all I could play before I could take no more) and EVERYONE was jumping. It's like the floor was made of rubber.. Everyone on both side were just jumping constantly, it's a farce. Allow climbing over things (like Battlefield) but get rid of the jumping it's just unplayable.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

no thanks.. wait for mods and play on modded servers. decent players like the style of the game

Wait mods for what purpose? If the core game is not good at many points and unplayble of most of players who has try it why create mods of skins - maps - weapons to make a entire  different game? Decent players you write? Not for sure... Wait 2 week more.. and see that decent number be <100 and then, perhaps you will realise that many things are wrong..

2 hours ago, johnoboro said:

no thanks.. wait for mods and play on modded servers. decent players like the style of the game

Decent players ..lol. All they are doing is exploiting the bad mechanics of the game. No war have I ever seen where the battlefield is jumping around like the audience from a Sex Pistols gig. 

It needs fixing, lots of players are leaving because of it and no one wants to see another great game ruined by this silly problem that is so easily fixed.  

Edited by Tiffster

game was never meant to be realistic, it was meant to be arcade it was meant to basically be cod4 with ww2 weapons, the game is virtually cod4 with ww2 weapons.. i knew what it was months before early access and got it knowing full well what it was and its exactly how i expected it to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I honestly don't know why people are saying Battalion is like cod4? I played CoD4 for 11 years and i don't see the connection sorry, unless people connect the two because of the strafe jumping.

CoD4 was an awesome game.

8 hours ago, johnoboro said:

wait for mods and play on modded servers. decent players like the style of the game

Who is going to take the time to mod a game for no players and for what year.

It's also disappointing to think you consider the other 16k of players who do not currently play Battalion 1944 to not be in the decent player category LOL

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, johnoboro said:

"decent players like the style of the game"

more like the players that have gotten used to shit like csgo, overwatch, PUBG,r6 or any game that isn't movement focused anymore, that is catered to more of a casual linear gameplay instead of older games like Wolfenstein ET, cod2/4, quake etc.

these are the players that never even understood game mechanics anyway or if they did, had never cared that much about them either way.

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, johnoboro said:

Decent players like the style? I am calling noob players right here. There is no skill in jumpshooting and one tapping. Killing people fast where you have weapons with random recoil patterns is skill kid.

Edited by [VS-UK]Gom3R
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, [VS-UK]Gom3R said:

Decent players like the style? I am calling noob players right here. There is no skill in jumpshooting and one tapping. Killing people fast where you have weapons with random recoil patterns is skill kid.

kid ha... yea ok.... the game plays exactly how promod used to play. the same way they wanted this game to play if theres no skill in this type of gameplay you must be finding it pretty easy...

killing people with recoil n stuff what like csgo? even the top levels of matchmaking in csgo are soo easy its boring... if you have a deagle its easy win lol... its all holding angles n waiting for peeks.. atleast this game theres agression... if you were anygood you would find people jump peaking eady to deal with, once they jump they are stuck in the air and can move away from your bullets.. if someone ducks behind cover you know they are strafing out so just pre aim in the air where they will jump... adapt to the game of play a game thats more your style

• Downvote 2

Skill does not only include mechanical skill. I really wonder who, that had some CoD history needs more than 100h to reach their ceiling in this game.

• Upvote 1

The problem is that because of the maps and the movement speed rates. Strafe jumping is the best option when making a play in most scenarios not because the mechanic is broken but... 

The maps are like cod 2 where there is not a lot of random objects to play around, but the normal walk speed is to slow so you cannot strafe back and forth to jiggle peak anything.  Then they add the sprint function to the game which only worked in CoD4 because there were numerous objects to play around (Cars, walls, refrigerators, fax machines, dumpsters) that allowed players to punish people when they flew out, not to mention the open middle map setup that made players account for many more angles before they jumped out.   Where as in battalion the majority of fights are isolated so players only have to worry about 1 player at a time.

All in all it ended up being a recipe for a clowny playstyle that for sure wasn't intended.  The whole "Jumping is overpowered" issue could be solved by the devs moving some cars, trucks, pianos, and rubble out in the map and increasing non-sprint move speeds.  I really don't understand the logic of only having cars and trucks that only provide cover for Allied spawn campers on maps like Coastal and Derailed.

I am not suggesting more angles like the 360 degree B site on derailed but opening up the maps a little more and making angles maybe have different degrees of elevation(which may be more important than filling the maps with objects).  Just take for and exaggerated example the A ramp/hill on Cobblestone, If you were to strafe jump out there, you would just get rolled because the likelihood of your crosshair being close enough to the person holding the area to be able to flick to them before they shoot you is very small.  In battalion 95% of the elevation change is stair wells and trenches.  All the the roads, sidewalks, and ally ways are flat, the only map so far that has seemed to embrace elevation is invasion an again the map is to compartmentalized and the fights are too isolated. So again, strafe jumping reigns supreme. Note: the paths, halls, and allyways are too narrow on this map and pushing feels suicidal.

Edited by ryaNNN
  • Upvote 1

I don't know what is so bad about jumping above something to kill an enemy. Sorry, but it requires more skill than casual players do have, if your enemy isn't just sitting in the same spot constantly, so the jumping guy know where exactly aim to kill him. Tbh it's pretty hard to kill someone like that even for experienced players because of the movement speeds combined with short timespan to actually spot the enemy, aim on him and shoot. So killing someone for example on Derailed B from behind the rubble is very hard given the fact the most experienced guys will move if they see enemy jumping behind it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, hitzoR said:

I don't know what is so bad about jumping above something to kill an enemy. Sorry, but it requires more skill than casual players do have, if your enemy isn't just sitting in the same spot constantly, so the jumping guy know where exactly aim to kill him. Tbh it's pretty hard to kill someone like that even for experienced players because of the movement speeds combined with short timespan to actually spot the enemy, aim on him and shoot. So killing someone for example on Derailed B from behind the rubble is very hard given the fact the most experienced guys will move if they see enemy jumping behind it.

amen someone has some common sense.... half of these forums are 50+ and they are complaining about the game because they are too slow to do anything against younger players lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnoboro said:

amen someone has some common sense.... half of these forums are 50+ and they are complaining about the game because they are too slow to do anything against younger players lol

Common sense is to understand that a game depending almost exclusively on skills that cannot be trained is bound to lose its playerbase. Nobody plays a game that trying makes you only slightly better, as trainable skills don't really matter. Your above statement about slow players proves that.

jumping.. casual CoD thing.. i always used to play like this in CoD4 and MW2 
nobody complained about it 

So let me ask one question: Did anyone of you ever complain about the jumps in CoD ? Or did you just play the game and were happy with everything. 

Yes.. jumps are slightly op/overused in this game (slightly!.. SLIGHTLY!) but in most cases it's your own fault through missing game sense and skill. You have to read the next step of your enemy and don't give him the advantage to use jumping spots etc. 
In about 9/10 szenarios you just fucked up the situation

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

but games arnt marketed towards old men lol... all skills other than reactions are trainable. when i started played cod4 i was awful at the game id only really played mohaa so aiming down the sight was wierd and the whole gamestyle of cod4 was totally different i picked it up and ended up at a high level mainly just playing for fun.... then the same for csgo when i started that i was dire.... this is probably the first fps game ive came to and been at a decent level from the start... i would not expect to be playing anywhere near the level i am now when im 50 plus lol and id expect to get smashed..

1 minute ago, KevinES said:

jumping.. casual CoD thing.. i always used to play like this in CoD4 and MW2 
nobody complained about it 

So let me ask one question: Did anyone of you ever complain about the jumps in CoD ? Or did you just play the game and were happy with everything. 

Yes.. jumps are slightly op/overused in this game (slightly!.. SLIGHTLY!) but in most cases it's your own fault through missing game sense and skill. You have to read the next step of your enemy and don't give him the advantage to use jumping spots etc. 
In about 9/10 szenarios you just fucked up the situation

spot on mate... fps games are probably 50% gamesense if an enemy jump shoots and misses firstly move because he wont miss the second shot if you stood in exactly the same place. then pre aim a little above where hes jumping and kill him when he jumps... when hes in the air he cant move to the side and dodge your bullets hes a sitting duck... il take people jumping allday lol most of the time they are easy free kills lol

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

but games arnt marketed towards old men lol... all skills other than reactions are trainable. when i started played cod4 i was awful at the game id only really played mohaa so aiming down the sight was wierd and the whole gamestyle of cod4 was totally different i picked it up and ended up at a high level mainly just playing for fun.... then the same for csgo when i started that i was dire.... this is probably the first fps game ive came to and been at a decent level from the start... i would not expect to be playing anywhere near the level i am now when im 50 plus lol and id expect to get smashed..

You should wonder why that is. Tip: It is the same reason that from 160K buyers less than 3K actively play this game.

What is the reason of its low popularity? Is what Bram says, no marketing and launch problems? The way I see it, 160K is a very good number, but the retention is terrible and that is the real problem. Most bugs were fixed, game plays well, but people haven't returned. Why? Because they are slow or old?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dfk_7677 said:

What is the reason of its low popularity? Is what Bram says, no marketing and launch problems? The way I see it, 160K is a very good number, but the retention is terrible and that is the real problem. Most bugs were fixed, game plays well, but people haven't returned. Why? Because they are slow or old?

because the player base is to small and misses bad playsers/common players. There often is a huge gab between the skills. 
Why should i play against top tiers everyday.. meanwhile my team is afk and shi.... ?! the players don't come back because the 
selection in non-competitive is very small. you can't choose what game you want to play in arcade and unraked is not playable with randoms.

in short: normal player stop playing because

-they often play against top tiers
-...often play with bad players 
-no good communication because the VC does not work properly
-too little player numbers and mods for "not-competitive"

to fix this: we need free choosable ffa, tdm and wartide. in top of that arcade server only runs CTF and dominion 

wartide has to get faster in the unranked base.. maybe small maps or splitted maps.. like you can only go on A or B with less player 

The game must be more entertaining for bad/common players. Often they play solo-q and it is just boring when you have to play with bad players, no communication etc 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnoboro said:

i would not expect to be playing anywhere near the level i am now when im 50 plus lol and id expect to get smashed..

So the game is made for kids? Wish Bulkhead stated this so people 50 and over wouldn't buy it because the shocking thing is it seems 16,000 players no longer playing must have been 50 and over!

Thanks for clearing that up..... :/

Edited by Excel

On 3/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, johnoboro said:

noone on the planet will reach the ceiling in 100 hours... not even the best of fps players would be close... theres gamesense and mechanical skill... without both your not gunna like this game for the most part

wtf gamesense??? and no one on the plaent will reach ceiling in 100 hours!?!? yeah do us favor play more FPS before comments more

haha shut up man played cod4 at pre inv leel without even putting prooer time in, csgo comp was easy at even global level (which isnt that high cos good players dont play comp) and il hold my own against most b44 players... ive played 200 odd hours and ive still got plenty if room for improvement... you must be too good for endpoint/ penta ect if you think you can peak at 100 hours you numpty

10 hours ago, Excel said:

So the game is made for kids? Wish Bulkhead stated this so people 50 and over wouldn't buy it because the shocking thing is it seems 16,000 players no longer playing must have been 50 and over!

Thanks for clearing that up..... :/

no its not made for kids but fast twitch muscle fibres start dropping when you get over 30 im 30 now my avg reaction time has dropped by nearly a 10th of a second since u was 23 /24 by 50 my reaction times will be worlds away from teens / mid 20s players... i accept that shame todays oldies dont... dont get me wrong i think its awesome oldies are still grinding but weve all gotta accept facts.. they cant be as quick as the young bucks

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnoboro said:

haha shut up man played cod4 at pre inv leel without even putting prooer time in, csgo comp was easy at even global level (which isnt that high cos good players dont play comp) and il hold my own against most b44 players... ive played 200 odd hours and ive still got plenty if room for improvement... you must be too good for endpoint/ penta ect if you think you can peak at 100 hours you numpty

no its not made for kids but fast twitch muscle fibres start dropping when you get over 30 im 30 now my avg reaction time has dropped by nearly a 10th of a second since u was 23 /24 by 50 my reaction times will be worlds away from teens / mid 20s players... i accept that shame todays oldies dont... dont get me wrong i think its awesome oldies are still grinding but weve all gotta accept facts.. they cant be as quick as the young bucks

think you are missing the point, for the game to be successful and return to higher player numbers it needs to be made universally playable, if quick reaction times are the only thing dictating success then yes the game will only appeal to 13 years olds and then the game is probably at its peak number of players achievable now.

reaction times do not vary that much in relation to other factors, i'm sure I read some recent research that came up with a figure of approx. 15% over 15 years after mid twenties, as the avg. is about 200ms I think that works out at a diff in ping of  100 -80 for a player of 50 vs a twenty yr old,  not a lot as you will know from playing.

whilst I am not one who agrees on modifying game characteristics for players (I mean who starts a game of chess saying oh you are 50 so you can have three queens :D ) the most obvious solution is to follow "real life" characteristics so that experience counts for a lot more in playing.

1 minute ago, maddog-b said:

think you are missing the point, for the game to be successful and return to higher player numbers it needs to be made universally playable, if quick reaction times are the only thing dictating success then yes the game will only appeal to 13 years olds and then the game is probably at its peak number of players achievable now.

reaction times do not vary that much in relation to other factors, i'm sure I read some recent research that came up with a figure of approx. 15% over 15 years after mid twenties, as the avg. is about 200ms I think that works out at a diff in ping of  100 -80 for a player of 50 vs a twenty yr old,  not a lot as you will know from playing.

whilst I am not one who agrees on modifying game characteristics for players (I mean who starts a game of chess saying oh you are 50 so you can have three queens :D ) the most obvious solution is to follow "real life" characteristics so that experience counts for a lot more in playing.

nah its not only qyick reaction times obviously... reading the openents is probably the biggest part of fps games, but for me jump peaking isnt a problem... if i get jump peeked over say a market stand and they miss i instantly strafe to the side (if im in the exact same spot im almost certain to die) then i pre aim where their cheat will be at the peak of their jump then when they jump i come out with the kill most of the time. if someone runs behind cover and lets say thwy need to defuse i kow they aint gunna slow lean peak were i could line up at the wall because they have no chance they will strafe out so il aim away from the wall and around jump height so i dont need to waste that bit of time flicking i just need to shoot and then follow the arc of their model down to the floor... you just have to adapt to the game your playing... csgo you just aim head high and whatever distance from the wall you can react to in time and 1 shot with deag.... people were crying about this stuff from a few days in because the refuse to adapt feom a gamestyle they previously played.