On 4/2/2018 at 7:23 AM, johnoboro said:

oh and its not bunny hopping its strafe jumping ūüėä bunny hopping isnt possible on this game, bunny hopping is what you do on cs where you jump as you are landing to increase momentum... i know what you mean though but just to help save the confusion with other people ūüėä

I have to disagree with this.  We unlocked our server and most that joined wold take 2 steps then jump, 2 steps jump, 2 steps jump...that's bunny hopping.  We spammed messages no hopping but nobody listened and because you cant kick by name we re-locked our server. 

We don't care if players want to bounce around the map just not on ours.  It wold be great if the Devs give us server cvars to limit this so the ones that don't want to bounce can join our server or at least fix the kick/ban by user name.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, GISam said:

I have to disagree with this.  We unlocked our server and most that joined wold take 2 steps then jump, 2 steps jump, 2 steps jump...that's bunny hopping.  We spammed messages no hopping but nobody listened and because you cant kick by name we re-locked our server. 

We don't care if players want to bounce around the map just not on ours.  It wold be great if the Devs give us server cvars to limit this so the ones that don't want to bounce can join our server or at least fix the kick/ban by user name.

no its not bunny hopping is repeated jumping everytime you land. google counterstrike bunny hopping... running and jumping is strafing. the jump cooldown on this game makes bunny hopping 110% impossible

• Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, GISam said:

Call it what you like but we call it bunny hopping when a player constantly jumps.

I agree! I have run a clan for 13 years and have run numerous servers. We never had so much hopping going on. Looks ridiculous. Our clan server doesn't allow strafe-jumping or hopping. Apparently we're not the only ones that dislike hopping, as we have players that keep coming back. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Amigaman said:

Our clan server doesn't allow strafe-jumping or hopping. Apparently we're not the only ones that dislike hopping, as we have players that keep coming back. 

How do you deal the non-conformers?  We tried kicking by name (after several warnings) and it doesn't work.  Steam ID was a PITA and after a couple failed attempts we gave up and locked the server.

This is our server name.  AMI CLAN No STRAFE-JUMPING No HOPPING  Players know the rules when they enter. As time goes on we have fewer and fewer problems. Still have the occasional  troublemaker but we re-iterate the rules to them and sometimes they say sorry and behave. If they don't we kick them. 

Can't wait for them to release an rcon. Kicking is a real pain as you said. 

here 's an idea to cure bunny hopping,  every time someone jumps twice within 3 secs,  Max Payne  "bullet time" kicks in and those in the vicinity have several seconds to riddle the jumper with bullets :D:D:D

• Upvote 2

On ‚Äé01‚Äé/‚Äé04‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 3:13 PM, johnoboro said:

amen someone has some common sense.... half of these forums are 50+ and they are complaining about the game because they are too slow to do anything against younger players lol

Well I've read some arrogant post on these forums but this takes the "P:ss" .   I an 70 years old have played Moh, all except the last few CoD "due to Jump/Bunny hopping) and all Battlefield games so far and have reach the highest rank in almost all.   5 of my friends (half my age) have made the decision not to continue with this game down to the Jump shooting or what ever. The last one recently was playing and suddenly was banned but doesn't know why, he made an enquiry but heard nothing back.

Not a very good sign for the future eh!

Suppose I will get banned for this,  its a shame because the game had potential, but I suppose games are for children :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, oldman said:

Well I've read some arrogant post on these forums but this takes the "P:ss" .   I an 70 years old have played Moh, all except the last few CoD "due to Jump/Bunny hopping) and all Battlefield games so far and have reach the highest rank in almost all.   5 of my friends (half my age) have made the decision not to continue with this game down to the Jump shooting or what ever. The last one recently was playing and suddenly was banned but doesn't know why, he made an enquiry but heard nothing back.

Not a very good sign for the future eh!

Suppose I will get banned for this,  its a shame because the game had potential, but I suppose games are for children :)

im not on about prestige type of ranks im on about the competative level you play at, i know for a fact and i accept the fact that when i hit 50+ i will get smashed on fps games because age slows you down its the way it is lol.. if i play il accept that fact and do the best i can. i wont whine and try and get the style of the game changed when theres games out there that will be a better style for me when im slower and older...

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, johnoboro said:

i know for a fact and i accept the fact that when i hit 50+ i will get smashed on fps games because age slows you down its the way it is lol..

You know this fact because you are 50 or over or, you just assume that's what happens in the same way you can assume 16000 players who no longer play were all 50 or over or the game in its current state is just no good....... i opt from experience it is definitely the latter with no assumptions.

PS, Down vote was already there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

You know this fact because you are 50 or over or, you just assume that's what happens in the same way you can assume 16000 players who no longer play were all 50 or over or the game in its current state is just no good....... i opt from experience it is definitely the latter with no assumptions.

PS, Down vote was already there.

he is troll and just spoil little kids, no need to feed him.

He has not post anything related to make games better or any suggestions, other then just accept it.

This is not how you create video game, if this was the way then Quake Championship will be dead. Did I just mention this game? Hey let see how good he is since he is keep saying old ppl cant play good or aka "gamesense" whatever fake term he made up

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, metamod said:

he is troll and just spoil little kids, no need to feed him.

He has not post anything related to make games better or any suggestions, other then just accept it.

This is not how you create video game, if this was the way then Quake Championship will be dead. Did I just mention this game? Hey let see how good he is since he is keep saying old ppl cant play good or aka "gamesense" whatever fake term he made up

xD metamod, il hold my own against anyone dont worry about that lol, and i dont post anything to help the game get better on forums full of whiners lol, i wouldnt expect the devs to search through all the bullshit! i report any bugs i find and if i seen anything that needed changing that a lot of people hadnt already said id post it on reddit where it would be seen... gamesense is a fake term? omfg no wonder you people dont listen you literally have absolute no idea what you are talking about lmfaooooo... im out  anyway ive honestly had enough of these forums lol... i was trying to reach -100 rep but my head hurts too much when i come here.... i may pop back on to help people who arent fools but i wont be replying to stupidity like this, it was fun at first i had lots of enjoyment out of it but its soooo tiring now. forum logic old people dont lose their fast twich muscle fibres and gamesense is a fake term hahaha wow im sat here and im am honestly gobsmacked at that stupidity.. anyway bye bye... have fun in the next game you play because the style of this wont change to suit you guys.

• Downvote 6

I wonder why people still keep spreading this myth ... Like if age would make you automatically better or worse. No matter your age, it's more about your lifestyle and keeping yourself in shape than anything else. I guess some people forget how incredible unhealthy lifestyle these "tryhard" competitive players can have. And yeah, that does effect your capabilities in a long term. Older players are in a disadvantage? Lol, sure.

23 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

I wonder why people still keep spreading this myth ... Like if age would make you automatically better or worse. No matter your age, it's more about your lifestyle and keeping yourself in shape than anything else. I guess some people forget how incredible unhealthy lifestyle these "tryhard" competitive players can have. And yeah, that does effect your capabilities in a long term. Older players are in a disadvantage? Lol, sure.

when was the last 50+ top level fps gamer you seen? when was the last 50+ 100m sprinter you seen? when was the last boxer you seen be in his prime at 50? fast twitch muscle fibres diminish with age it baffles me how anyone on this planet can believe that is a myth lmfaooo... its a fact that we all have to face up to at sometime.. my reactions have slowed down by nearlly a 10th of a second since i was about 16 and im not even an old man lol... props to the guys still playing i love the fact that old people are still gaming, like im buzzing that they are but ffs accept facts lol

• Downvote 1

@reached -100 downvotes :D

I never said anything about 50 years old players lulz. You came with this age, not me. Some people talk about 24 years as a catastrophic age, because you start losing your reflexes from this moment. But the truth is that it varies from person to person. For some it's sooner, for others it's later. And you can also delay and lower this decay by taking care of your lifestyle. Ofc there is a difference between 50y old dude and 20. But some people act like it's already game over 4 years later, which is a complete bs. 

Edited by DarkMortyr

8 minutes ago, DarkMortyr said:

@reached -100 downvotes :D

I never said anything about 50 years old players lulz. You came with this age, not me. Some people talk about 24 years as a catastrophic age, because you start losing your reflexes from this moment. But the truth is that it varies from person to person. For some it's sooner, for others it's later. And you can also delay and lower this decay by taking care of your lifestyle. Ofc there is a difference between 50y old dude and 20. But some people act like it's already game over 4 years later, which is a complete bs. 

everything ive spoke of regarding age in these forums have been clearly referencing 50+ players, to which you said age and reflexes is a myth 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, reached -100 downvotes :D said:

everything ive spoke of regarding age in these forums have been clearly referencing 50+ players, to which you said age and reflexes is a myth

Im happy to say at 50 my reaction times are consistently between 352 - 372ms which is the average reaction times for a 25 - 27 year old so i know it's not me being too slow......

16 minutes ago, Excel said:

Im happy to say at 50 my reaction times are consistently between 352 - 372ms which is the average reaction times for a 25 - 27 year old so i know it's not me being too slow......

i doubt its average because that is quite slow tbf my average is around 220ms at 31, at late teens lower 20s i was averaging about 170 and i dont think i had/have amazing reactions

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DarkMortyr said:

on that test i got an average of 274 which is lower than the similar test i did but much later the previous night but it doesn't change anything, Battalion is broken regardless of reaction time's :/

16 hours ago, reached -100 downvotes :D said:

i doubt its average because that is quite slow tbf my average is around 220ms at 31, at late teens lower 20s i was averaging about 170 and i dont think i had/have amazing reactions

Wish you would read what people write because i said........  "my reaction times are consistently between 352 - 372ms which is the average reaction times for a 25 - 27 year old" which is what the test test results said.

Try the test below

https://www.justpark.com/creative/reaction-time-test/

1 hour ago, Excel said:

on that test i got an average of 274 which is lower than the similar test i did but much later the previous night but it doesn't change anything, Battalion is broken regardless of reaction time's :/

Wish you would read what people write because i said........  "my reaction times are consistently between 352 - 372ms which is the average reaction times for a 25 - 27 year old" which is what the test test results said.

Try the test below

https://www.justpark.com/creative/reaction-time-test/

I am 70 years old and on the test my average was 250.0   I suppose this makes me old n slow eh!