Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

nah its not only qyick reaction times obviously... reading the openents is probably the biggest part of fps games, but for me jump peaking isnt a problem... if i get jump peeked over say a market stand and they miss i instantly strafe to the side (if im in the exact same spot im almost certain to die) then i pre aim where their cheat will be at the peak of their jump then when they jump i come out with the kill most of the time. if someone runs behind cover and lets say thwy need to defuse i kow they aint gunna slow lean peak were i could line up at the wall because they have no chance they will strafe out so il aim away from the wall and around jump height so i dont need to waste that bit of time flicking i just need to shoot and then follow the arc of their model down to the floor... you just have to adapt to the game your playing... csgo you just aim head high and whatever distance from the wall you can react to in time and 1 shot with deag.... people were crying about this stuff from a few days in because the refuse to adapt feom a gamestyle they previously played.

I quite agree with the comment about people refusing to "move on" I am sick of hearing how wonderful COD4 with promod was, wondering why those players don't simply keep playing that?

but isn't the jumping that is being complained about here the constant bunny hopping rather that peaking over walls?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any kind of shooting while in the air is forbidden here. this comunity thinks you should lean peak a corner that they are holding with a sniper so they can kill you easily lol 😁

oh and its not bunny hopping its strafe jumping 😊 bunny hopping isnt possible on this game, bunny hopping is what you do on cs where you jump as you are landing to increase momentum... i know what you mean though but just to help save the confusion with other people 😊

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2018 at 9:47 PM, Excel said:

I honestly don't know why people are saying Battalion is like cod4? I played CoD4 for 11 years and i don't see the connection sorry, unless people connect the two because of the strafe jumping.

CoD4 was an awesome game.

Who is going to take the time to mod a game for no players and for what year.

It's also disappointing to think you consider the other 16k of players who do not currently play Battalion 1944 to not be in the decent player category LOL

 

3

LOL my thoughts exactly

 

  this game is nothing like cod 4 I  played it for years and it was a far better game than Battalion 1944 in every respect and as for the strafe jumping, well I've never seen anything as daft in any fps game ever

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this game plays the exact same as cod4 played lol i also played cod4 for years and played at a high level lol... and it plays exactly the same style just not as good (which i wouildnt expect it to be as smooth n stuff in EA) hence why all the old school cod4 players are playing it

Edited by johnoboro
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnoboro said:

this game plays the exact same as cod4 played lol i also played cod4 for years and played at a high level lol... and it plays exactly the same style just not as good (which i wouildnt expect it to be as smooth n stuff in EA) hence why all the old school cod4 players are playing it

I think there were more than 300 players playing CoD4 on any given night back in the day though. CoD4 still has 280 ish players after 11 years where Battalion has 300 players after 2 months so no i'm sorry i can't agree with that statement because your assumptions are incorrect.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnoboro said:

this game plays the exact same as cod4 played lol i also played cod4 for years and played at a high level lol... and it plays exactly the same style just not as good (which i wouildnt expect it to be as smooth n stuff in EA) hence why all the old school cod4 players are playing it

Dude, stop. You are a clown :DDD

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is the problem with modern games.any bit of skill added and everyone cries a game is broke. jumping was part of cod games.people jump near walls to see people coming = map awaremess gameplay awareness. people just want this game dumbed down.then you end up with the stupid cod shit we already hate.bubbles my brain.

you either cater for the masses or you cater for decent players. this game was aimed at being for oldskool fps players but all you get is players crying who never played oldskool cod.its mindnumbing.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adze said:

Dude, stop. You are a clown :DDD

 

Dude,stop. ive played with you........ your comments are irrelevant. out of all the fps games in the world what does the gamestyle of this game play like? i half expect you to answer csgo or battlefield or something your that dumb.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

I think there were more than 300 players playing CoD4 on any given night back in the day though. CoD4 still has 280 ish players after 11 years where Battalion has 300 players after 2 months so no i'm sorry i can't agree with that statement because your assumptions are incorrect.

 

your talking about a huge franchise with hundreds of programmers working with tools that are ready they basically have to make a few small changes and design some maps lol, theres about 5 programmers here starting from the bare engine creating everything from scratch and they are a little barely know company that didnt even have the money to fund their own game... theres a massive difference.

oh and this games still nearly a year away from being finished... it will never have the number of players a massive franchise like cod gets i dont think anyone on the planet ever even considered that being possible..

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26-3-2018 at 5:16 PM, johnoboro said:

be arcade it was meant to basically be cod4 with ww2 weapons, the game is virtually cod4 with ww2 weapons..

On 27-3-2018 at 11:05 AM, johnoboro said:

the game plays exactly how promod used to play.

Sorry to say this and perhaps this sounds kinda harsh but i noticed you for a while just talking plain nonsense and something tells me you actually never played Promod yourself. Or perhaps on some cracked servers while being to "cheap" to have payed full price for cod:mw or maybe confused with all other cod's with exo morph suits that came after and competitive PC community did not really care for?

Since the game currently does not feel like cod:mw (or "cod4") in the slightest way dude. Not the guns, nor the sounds, nor the mechanics nor the game pace and let alone basic map design.

Don't get me wrong, i will keep on supporting Bulkies and try to do whatever i can to make this game work (by putting down constructive feedback) but i cant stand people talking nonsense around here. 

Also i noticed a lot of pure offensive posts around here lately that simply have no place on this forum so I'm gonna see where my moderating privileges have gone to.

@all

Please stick to facts and discuss the game in a (semi) polite manner and stop downvoting good posts simply because someone tends to disagree.

Cheers

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yiNMastah said:

Sorry to say this and perhaps this sounds kinda harsh but i noticed you for a while just talking plain nonsense and something tells me you actually never played Promod yourself. Or perhaps on some cracked servers while being to "cheap" to have payed full price for cod:mw or maybe confused with all other cod's with exo morph suits that came after and competitive PC community did not really care for?

Since the game currently does not feel like cod:mw (or "cod4") in the slightest way dude. Not the guns, nor the sounds, nor the mechanics nor the game pace and let alone basic map design.

Don't get me wrong, i will keep on supporting Bulkies and try to do whatever i can to make this game work (by putting down constructive feedback) but i cant stand people talking nonsense around here. 

Also i noticed a lot of pure offensive posts around here lately that simply have no place on this forum so I'm gonna see where my moderating privileges have gone to.

@all

Please stick to facts and discuss the game in a (semi) polite manner and stop downvoting good posts simply because someone tends to disagree.

Cheers

lol you couldnt be more wrong lmao, i forgot cracked servers even existed aswell lol.... i only played promod, normal cod4 was full of bots. played at a decent level not too seriously mainly just pre inv pugs.. and about 6 month at a i.qpad before i quit because i didnt have the time at that point in my life. never played anything but promod and played for 6 year... the game is exactly the same style of play.. its not as smoothe as promod because its a completely different engine and the game is 10 month from being finished im sure it will get smoother... strafing in this is easier as its not a bug in this game its been manually included in this engine, slightly different speeds moving about.. BUT this game is aiming and is very close considering the different engine in being cod4. hence why half the old cod4 players are back.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johnoboro said:

hence why half the old cod4 players are back

Dude, seriously... half of the cod4 players are not back. Not even a 5th of the players are back and the reason for that is Battalion is nothing like cod4.

Can you show everyone where half of the cod4 community are back please.

10 hours ago, johnoboro said:

the game is exactly the same style of play.. its not as smoothe as promod because its a completely different engine

Contradiction? Ok, its the same but different O.o

10 hours ago, johnoboro said:

strafing in this is easier as its not a bug in this game its been manually included in this engine

So you admit no skill is needed? Thanks for clearing that up :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Excel said:

Dude, seriously... half of the cod4 players are not back. Not even a 5th of the players are back and the reason for that is Battalion is nothing like cod4.

obviously an exageration but a lot of old school cod4 players are back, most old school cod players dont even game no more.

Can you show everyone where half of the cod4 community are back please.

Contradiction? Ok, its the same but different O.o

contradiction? no not really theres differences even infinity ward couldnt make unreal 4 engine exactly the same as cod4. BUT the same style of play is played.. style is nothing to do with how smooth a game feels lmfaoooo

So you admit no skill is needed? Thanks for clearing that up :)

and no your making shit up twisting my words to suit your bullshit. strafing as in a way other than just (sprint and w) which increases the distance of a jump and increases speed of movement around a map i never mentioned anything about strafe jumping and shooting which is clearly what your trying to point out. there was very very skilled cod4 players who couldnt strafe well if their life depended on it, on this it is easier, that doesnt mean 60 year old bots with be able to incorparate strafing into their movement.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnoboro said:

and no your making shit up twisting my words to suit your bullshit.

Actually no, how can i make something up you clearly posted in the first place?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, johnoboro said:

i did not and never have if you check every single post ive put on these forums say that no skill is required for strafing... i said it was easier than cod4.. you are talking absolute bollocks

Ok, not arguing with a toxic know it all, have a nice day :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say Battalion is like CoD4. It's more like CoD4 is like Battalion. But better in every possible way I can think of. 

If Battalion 1944 was released 10 years ago and CoD4 + Promod today, it would actually make sense to me. Because CoD4 is a huge improvement over Battalion. Graphics, movement, map design, animations, time to kill, netcode, casual environment (vanilla cod4), etc. 

But having CoD4 first and Battalion more than 10 years after that while saying "it's like CoD4 Promod"... Well, that takes courage. 

On 3. 4. 2018 at 1:52 AM, johnoboro said:

your talking about a huge franchise with hundreds of programmers working with tools that are ready they basically have to make a few small changes and design some maps lol

Right and you are supposed to be that old school gamer? Am I correct? Because West and Zampella sure did have all that when creating CoD4. What a huge studio. xD

And MW2 was such a copy paste ... Oh, hell yeah. Fun fact is that after MW2 they didn't even want to continue working on another "same" CoD, that's partially why they were fired. 

But I guess your story with hundreds of developers and copy paste tools sounds better. You don't even know what you are talking about at this point.

But I guess it doesn't matter as long as it supports your argument. 

Edited by DarkMortyr
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this game is 10 month from being finished, your comparing it to a finished product.. and yes i didnt really word that correct 100 developers no doubt all wont have been programmers but.... 2 year to make 100 devs. the franchuse had lrevious releases over multiple platforms and a much bigger operation.... using iw 3 engine which was then also used to make world at war (cod5) aftet being slightly modified obviously mw2 was different lol infinity ward were not involved in that, didnt their servers go tits up on release day of mw2? i remember people bitching about that too.

and while were on about the comparison do you not play b44 the same style of play as you played cod4? as opposed to say csgo which to be any good the style of play has to be completely different to cod n b44??

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkMortyr said:

I wouldn't say Battalion is like CoD4. It's more like CoD4 is like Battalion. But better in every possible way I can think of. 

If Battalion 1944 was released 10 years ago and CoD4 + Promod today, it would actually make sense to me. Because CoD4 is a huge improvement over Battalion. Graphics, movement, map design, animations, time to kill, netcode, casual environment (vanilla cod4), etc. 

But having CoD4 first and Battalion more than 10 years after that while saying "it's like CoD4 Promod"... Well, that takes courage. 

Right and you are supposed to be that old school gamer? Am I correct? Because West and Zampella sure did have all that when creating CoD4. What a huge studio. xD

And MW2 was such a copy paste ... Oh, hell yeah. Fun fact is that after MW2 they didn't even want to continue working on another "same" CoD, that's partially why they were fired. 

But I guess your story with hundreds of developers and copy paste tools sounds better. You don't even know what you are talking about at this point.

But I guess it doesn't matter as long as it supports your argument. 

He is kinda right, Infinity Ward was not really big when they developed cod4, but they had more man power than Bulkhead does currently along with a lot of funding, the engine also matters a lot, when you have solid foundations to build upon developing a game is quite easy, CoD4 devs had those since they had access to their own engine specifically modified to make that type of game. Bulkhead on the other side is using a very good engine which was developed to make a broad variety of games, so it may have some advanced features which have no use in a game like Battalion and at the same time miss many others that are needed, they also have to create a pipeline to add stuff like weapons, maps and player models in the best way for their needs and this also takes time. There is to say a good dev team can take whatever engine and make it able to support any kind of game given enough time, money and skill, I'm willing to give Bulkhead time and I've already given them money, so the only thing I can't give them is the skill and knowledge to do what they promised us and I'm still willing to trust they have it, even though there are some red flags that make me think otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zane said:

He is kinda right, Infinity Ward was not really big when they developed cod4, but they had more man power than Bulkhead does currently along with a lot of funding, the engine also matters a lot, when you have solid foundations to build upon developing a game is quite easy, CoD4 devs had those since they had access to their own engine specifically modified to make that type of game. Bulkhead on the other side is using a very good engine which was developed to make a broad variety of games, so it may have some advanced features which have no use in a game like Battalion and at the same time miss many others that are needed, they also have to create a pipeline to add stuff like weapons, maps and player models in the best way for their needs and this also takes time. There is to say a good dev team can take whatever engine and make it able to support any kind of game given enough time, money and skill, I'm willing to give Bulkhead time and I've already given them money, so the only thing I can't give them is the skill and knowledge to do what they promised us and I'm still willing to trust they have it, even though there are some red flags that make me think otherwise

same man for the price of this game aswell compared to cods its already a bargain in my eyes.... even at release next year the game could still change after that, csgo for example is still changing now accuracy and damage of pistols have changed in the last year and how long has that been released....

there was roughly 100 people in the dev team for IW which is massive compared to little bulkhead lol... these have got the tools they need now everything they do for the next year is improvements on what they already have... i honestly dont understand why people are so tilted by the game... its identical to what i thought it was gunna the second my mate explained about a game thats being worked on called battalion 1944 about 9 month ago and ive been excited since i heard and then checked out what info i could find and the only thing thats really dissapointed me was the reliability the first few days but that shit happens im over it and enjoying the game.

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@johnoboro you cannot see that something is going wrong with this game? You still believe that everything it is ok and over 90% has gone because they are stupid or no cod players or something else? You have to be foolish if you believe that everyone in here is daft. We have play many perfect games from others tiny studios so that it is not excuse at all. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to @johnoboro he talks rubbish and cant tell his a$$ from his elbow, but I suppose least hes here trying to defend the game which is more than the community lead is doing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, johnoboro said:

sits identical to what i thought it was gunna the second my mate explained about a game thats being worked on called battalion 1944 about 9 month ago and ive been excited since i heard and then checked out what info i could find and the only thing thats really dissapointed me was the reliability the first few days but that shit happens im over it and enjoying the game.

I told bunch of people about this game. Most of them were CoD4 Promod veterans and they loved that game. But they all are looking at me now asking for explanation what is going on with Battalion. It's ok for me if I hype myself for something (does not happen very often these days) and then it disappoints me. But it's not ok if someone else is hyped because of me and then it fails. And I am still kind enough to tell them "well, it's not great atm, but devs believe to have a whole year of development ahead of them before the game is finished". But they are all very sceptical about that and I don't blame them. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×