Sign in to follow this  
CobbyJ

steamcmd overwrite

Another mess up by Battalion 1944!!

So when you do a steamcmd update for the community servers it overwrites the defaultgame.ini loosing all of your settings and also the loadouts so any changes you make will be overwritten.

And again still not fixed - MAX PLAYERS - TICK RATE - SERVER NAME - SERVER PING.

• Upvote 1

That would explain why i cant find my servers now, forgot to save a copy of that file.

Im beginning to wonder if its even worth running public servers anymore :(

11 hours ago, Spoon said:

rename defaultgame.ini like every other game not really a mess up.

Its not like every other game for example csgo they do not overwrite config files!

2 hours ago, CobbyJ said:

Its not like every other game for example csgo they do not overwrite config files!

When CSGO first came out they overwrite gamesmodes.txt & gamemode_ XXX.cfg every update before they gave us gamemodes_server.txt & gamemode_XXX_ server.cfg

Edited by Spoon

Hello.

For me the problem with overwrite is not just DefaultGame.ini but also BattalionServer.sh where I must change name to start file because is not existe...

I mean: from ".../BattalionServer-Linux-Shipping" to ".../BattalionServer"

Always after update I need to do that...

Will admit it was better to manually install the updates.

I have turned off all my servers, just not worth my time at the moment.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Same i've turned off my servers untill there is mod & rcon support.

Edited by Spoon

On 3/21/2018 at 9:19 PM, Excel said:

I've not updated mine and started them since the switch to SteamCMD, I liked the old way.

I had enough of server restarts, FFA gametype crashing randomly, TDM crashing every other map. Having full servers just for them to die 10 minutes later then remain empty, what is the point?!

I don't even tell friends about the game anymore, there is no point, what can I tell them.. TDM and FFA is fucked, the server will crash when it feels like it, be it 30 seconds to 20 minutes. Multiple game breaking bugs, headshots are only headshots if you aim down the barrel, fire from the hip and you enter the recoil/hitbox lottery. I've missed a lot but they are theee main things that will piss me and my friends off while playing this at the moment.

Good luck with Esports, i'm back on the lookout for a decent game that I can pick up and play casual without needing a 1337 pro ticket to play Esport focused gameplay. You really did shit on us casual players here with this release, even if Esports was your main goal for the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1